Re: Patch 7.3.872

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
      On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:49:37 AM UTC-5, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > + *'fileignorecase'* *'wic'* *'nofileignorecase'* *'nowic'*
      > + 'fileignorecase' 'wic' boolean (default on for systems where case in file
      > + names is normally ignored.
      > + global
      > + {not in Vi}
      > + When set case is ignored when using file names and directories.
      > + See 'wildignorecase' for only ignoring case when doing completion.
      > +

      Another typo: no closing parenthesis for description of default value.

    • h_east
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
        Hi Bram,

        2013/3/20(Wed) 0:49:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
        > Patch 7.3.872
        >
        > Problem: On some systems case of file names is always ignored, on others
        >
        > never.
        >
        > Solution: Add the 'fileignorecase' option to control this at runtime.
        >
        > Implies 'wildignorecase'.
        >
        > Files: src/buffer.c, src/edit.c, src/ex_cmds2.c, src/ex_getln.c,
        >
        > src/fileio.c, src/misc1.c, src/misc2.c, src/option.c,
        >
        > src/option.h, src/vim.h, runtime/doc/options.txt

        When 'set fic' on linux, file name completion order is strange.
        It's different for both case-sensitive and case-insensitive.

        How to reproduce (on fedora17)
        $ mkdir test_fic
        $ cd !$
        $ touch I1.txt I2.txt J3.txt J4.txt i1.txt j3.txt
        (Necessary: same file name (without case-sensitive) exist.)
        $ vim -N -u NONE -i NONE --noplugin -c "set fic"
        input i<C-X><C-F>

        Actual result
        (popup menu list items)
        I1.txt
        I2.txt
        j3.txt
        J3.txt
        J4.txt
        i1.txt

        Expect result (like this)
        I1.txt
        i1.txt
        I2.txt
        j3.txt
        J3.txt
        J4.txt

        Patch attached. (Thanks for advice from Yukihiro Nakadaira)
        Please check.

        Best Regards,
        Hirohito Higashi

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
          h_east wrote:

          > 2013/3/20(Wed) 0:49:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
          > > Patch 7.3.872
          > >
          > > Problem: On some systems case of file names is always ignored, on others
          > >
          > > never.
          > >
          > > Solution: Add the 'fileignorecase' option to control this at runtime.
          > >
          > > Implies 'wildignorecase'.
          > >
          > > Files: src/buffer.c, src/edit.c, src/ex_cmds2.c, src/ex_getln.c,
          > >
          > > src/fileio.c, src/misc1.c, src/misc2.c, src/option.c,
          > >
          > > src/option.h, src/vim.h, runtime/doc/options.txt
          >
          > When 'set fic' on linux, file name completion order is strange.
          > It's different for both case-sensitive and case-insensitive.
          >
          > How to reproduce (on fedora17)
          > $ mkdir test_fic
          > $ cd !$
          > $ touch I1.txt I2.txt J3.txt J4.txt i1.txt j3.txt
          > (Necessary: same file name (without case-sensitive) exist.)
          > $ vim -N -u NONE -i NONE --noplugin -c "set fic"
          > input i<C-X><C-F>
          >
          > Actual result
          > (popup menu list items)
          > I1.txt
          > I2.txt
          > j3.txt
          > J3.txt
          > J4.txt
          > i1.txt
          >
          > Expect result (like this)
          > I1.txt
          > i1.txt
          > I2.txt
          > j3.txt
          > J3.txt
          > J4.txt
          >
          > Patch attached. (Thanks for advice from Yukihiro Nakadaira)
          > Please check.

          Thanks, I'll look into it later.

          --
          From "know your smileys":
          y:-) Bad toupee

        • h_east
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
            Hi Bram,

            2013/3/21(Thu) 5:24:00 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
            > h_east wrote:
            > > 2013/3/20(Wed) 0:49:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
            > > > Patch 7.3.872
            > > >
            > > > Problem: On some systems case of file names is always ignored, on others
            > > >
            > > > never.
            > > >
            > > > Solution: Add the 'fileignorecase' option to control this at runtime.
            > > >
            > > > Implies 'wildignorecase'.
            > > >
            > > > Files: src/buffer.c, src/edit.c, src/ex_cmds2.c, src/ex_getln.c,
            > > >
            > > > src/fileio.c, src/misc1.c, src/misc2.c, src/option.c,
            > > >
            > > > src/option.h, src/vim.h, runtime/doc/options.txt
            > >
            > > When 'set fic' on linux, file name completion order is strange.
            > > It's different for both case-sensitive and case-insensitive.
            > >
            > > How to reproduce (on fedora17)
            > > $ mkdir test_fic
            > > $ cd !$
            > > $ touch I1.txt I2.txt J3.txt J4.txt i1.txt j3.txt
            > > (Necessary: same file name (without case-sensitive) exist.)
            Sorry, It's doubt.
            This condition was not necessary.

            I report again below.

            How to reproduce (on linux)
            $ mkdir test_fic
            $ cd !$
            $ touch i1.txt I2.txt J3.txt j4.txt

            $ vim -N -u NONE -i NONE --noplugin -c "set fic"
            input i<C-X><C-F>

            Actual result
            (popup menu list items)
            I2.txt