Re: Updated c.vim / cpp.vim for C++11

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
      > >
      > > I removed the changes for now.
      > >
      > > I'll push the current version to the repository.
      >
      > What code did you use?

      Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

      > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
      > expression has wrong syntax.
      >
      > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
      >
      > This is valid code.

      We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

      32. You don't know what sex three of your closest friends are, because they
      have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.

    • mattn
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
        > > What code did you use?
        > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

        I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
        Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?

        > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
        > > expression has wrong syntax.
        > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
        > > This is valid code.
        > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

        Our changes should fix that.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > > > What code did you use?
          > > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.
          >

          > I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
          > Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?
          >
          > > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
          > > > expression has wrong syntax.
          > > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
          > > > This is valid code.
          > > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...
          >
          > Our changes should fix that.

          Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
          version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

          --
          Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
          an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

        • mattn
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
            > Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
            > version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

            I merged your changes.

            https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/ (master branch)

            And below is diff from your last changes

            https://gist.github.com/mattn/5124324