Re: Updated c.vim / cpp.vim for C++11

  • mattn
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
      > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
      >
      > I removed the changes for now.
      >
      > I'll push the current version to the repository.

      What code did you use?

      Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda expression has wrong syntax.

      http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png

      This is valid code.

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
        > >
        > > I removed the changes for now.
        > >
        > > I'll push the current version to the repository.
        >
        > What code did you use?

        Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

        > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
        > expression has wrong syntax.
        >
        > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
        >
        > This is valid code.

        We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

        32. You don't know what sex three of your closest friends are, because they
        have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.

      • mattn
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
          > > What code did you use?
          > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

          I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
          Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?

          > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
          > > expression has wrong syntax.
          > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
          > > This is valid code.
          > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

          Our changes should fix that.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > > > What code did you use?
            > > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.
            >

            > I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
            > Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?
            >
            > > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
            > > > expression has wrong syntax.
            > > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
            > > > This is valid code.
            > > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...
            >
            > Our changes should fix that.

            Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
            version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

            --
            Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
            an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

          • mattn
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
              > Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
              > version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

              I merged your changes.

              https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/ (master branch)

              And below is diff from your last changes

              https://gist.github.com/mattn/5124324