Re: [patch] make vim skip K_SPECIAL and following bytes when using -W

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2013
      On Mon, March 4, 2013 23:32, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Christian Brabandt wrote:
      >> Bram,
      >> there seems to be a problem, that vim also records K_SPECIAL and the
      >> following bytes that are used for mouseclicks, and which seems to be a
      >> problem when replaying a script in Windows.
      >> See this question stackoverflow:
      >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3981535/using-the-w-option-of-vim
      >>
      >> This patch fixes it by making sure, when writing the scriptout file, to
      >> skip the K_SPECIAL and following bytes.
      >
      > Dropping all K_SPECIAL codes would mean some commands get lost, right?

      Not sure, those keys are actual useful when recording a script.

      > How about inserting a CSI character (0x80) ?

      Nevermind, I just tried to replay such a script on Windows
      and didn't see any errors. Perhaps he used :source to source such a
      script and didn't use :source! and I don't see
      an error with using the parameter -s so it seems ok for now.

      I wonder, why people start complaining over there at Stackoverflow
      and don't write actual bug reports anymore.

      regards,
      Christian