[patch] case sensitive filenames on OSX

  • Richo Healey
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
      By default, OSX uses a case insensitive filesystem. However, it's well documented and common to use a case sensitive filesystem for one's code.

      This patch removes the case insensitive flag from vim builds for OSX, because it's not necessarily a case.

      Setting 'wildignorecase' by default might be a good idea, but I wasn't sure how to do that. Feedback is most welcome.

      Patch is at https://bitbucket.org/richo/vim/commits/d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072 because I couldn't work out how to get hg to spit out something akin to git-format-patch.

      Cheers

      Richo

    • ZyX
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
        > Patch is at https://bitbucket.org/richo/vim/commits/d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072 because I couldn't work out how to get hg to spit out something akin to git-format-patch.

        hg export -r d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072
        or

        hg diff -r {upstream} -r d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072
        .

      • Richo Healey
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
          On Sunday, 3 March 2013 23:33:56 UTC+11, ZyX wrote:
          > > Patch is at https://bitbucket.org/richo/vim/commits/d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072 because I couldn't work out how to get hg to spit out something akin to git-format-patch.
          >
          > hg export -r d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072
          > or
          >
          > hg diff -r {upstream} -r d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072
          > .

          Thankyou very much.

          Patch is attached.

        • Richo Healey
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
            On Sunday, 3 March 2013 23:45:09 UTC+11, Richo Healey wrote:
            > On Sunday, 3 March 2013 23:33:56 UTC+11, ZyX wrote:
            > > > Patch is at https://bitbucket.org/richo/vim/commits/d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072 because I couldn't work out how to get hg to spit out something akin to git-format-patch.
            > >
            > > hg export -r d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072
            > > or
            > >
            > > hg diff -r {upstream} -r d2dc1a943e25c16f1facec996437e6eba070d072
            > > .
            >
            > Thankyou very much.
            >
            > Patch is attached.

            Bump. Is there any news on this?

          • Ben Fritz
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
              On Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:50:58 AM UTC-5, Richo Healey wrote:

              > Bump. Is there any news on this?

              I don't think this patch was ever applied, but 7.3.872 added the 'fileignorecase' option which I think you could use to solve the problem a different way.

            • Richo Healey
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
                On Friday, 26 April 2013 01:33:38 UTC+10, Ben Fritz wrote:
                > On Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:50:58 AM UTC-5, Richo Healey wrote:
                > >
                > > Bump. Is there any news on this?
                >
                > I don't think this patch was ever applied, but 7.3.872 added the 'fileignorecase' option which I think you could use to solve the problem a different way.

                Looks like it solves my problems! Thanks!