Re: Updated c.vim / cpp.vim for C++11

  • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
      Yes, C11 is not C++11. It's ISO/IEC 9899: 2011.

      > Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
      >
      >> > This uses the variable cpp_no_cpp11. Can we document this?
      >>
      >> https://gist.github.com/5047752
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      >> > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.
      >>
      >> It exists in c.vim already.
      >>
      >> Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...
      >
      > I mean that c_no_c11 should be a separate variable because it has a
      > different meaning thatn cpp_no_cpp11, right?
      >
      > --
      > 12. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
      > pulled the plug on a loved one.

      > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/
      > \\\
      > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org
      > ///

      - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > Yes, C11 is not C++11. It's ISO/IEC 9899: 2011.

        Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
        I removed the changes for now.
        I'll push the current version to the repository.

        --
        In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the
        Galaxy, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" has already supplanted the

      • mattn
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
          > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
          >
          > I removed the changes for now.
          >
          > I'll push the current version to the repository.

          What code did you use?

          Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda expression has wrong syntax.

          http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png

          This is valid code.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
            > >
            > > I removed the changes for now.
            > >
            > > I'll push the current version to the repository.
            >
            > What code did you use?

            Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

            > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
            > expression has wrong syntax.
            >
            > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
            >
            > This is valid code.

            We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

            32. You don't know what sex three of your closest friends are, because they
            have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.

          • mattn
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
              > > What code did you use?
              > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

              I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
              Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?

              > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
              > > expression has wrong syntax.
              > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
              > > This is valid code.
              > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

              Our changes should fix that.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
                Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                > > > What code did you use?
                > > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.
                >

                > I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
                > Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?
                >
                > > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                > > > expression has wrong syntax.
                > > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                > > > This is valid code.
                > > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...
                >
                > Our changes should fix that.

                Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
                version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

                --
                Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
                an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

              • mattn
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
                  > Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
                  > version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

                  I merged your changes.

                  https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/ (master branch)

                  And below is diff from your last changes

                  https://gist.github.com/mattn/5124324