ruby broken ... again

  • Christian J. Robinson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 1:58 PM
      I'm sorry to complain, but over the last month my Windows Vim binary
      has spent more time in the broken or semi-broken status than in the
      functional category.

      While I know that I'm taking this risk by trying to stay current, I'm
      starting to actually worry about the state of things lately.

      Today I was trying to run a plugin that required the Ruby interface,
      but Ruby gave me this error:

      E448: Could not load library function rb_float_new_in_heap
      E266: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Ruby library could not be
      loaded.

      Google isn't much help for me, and I'm not really sure when exactly
      this broke, but I do know that at least mid-week last week it was
      working fine. I'm using Make_ming.mak, and I get no compile time
      errors or even warnings.

      * Vim 7.3.843 with Perl, Python, and Ruby
      (Perl and Python work fine.)
      * ruby 1.9.3p327 (2012-11-10) [i386-mingw32]

      - Christian

      --
      A man's house is his hassle.
      Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...> http://christianrobinson.name/

    • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 6:07 PM
        What value specified for make?

        On 3/2/13, Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry to complain, but over the last month my Windows Vim binary
        > has spent more time in the broken or semi-broken status than in the
        > functional category.
        >
        > While I know that I'm taking this risk by trying to stay current, I'm
        > starting to actually worry about the state of things lately.
        >
        > Today I was trying to run a plugin that required the Ruby interface,
        > but Ruby gave me this error:
        >
        > E448: Could not load library function rb_float_new_in_heap
        > E266: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Ruby library could not be
        > loaded.
        >
        > Google isn't much help for me, and I'm not really sure when exactly
        > this broke, but I do know that at least mid-week last week it was
        > working fine. I'm using Make_ming.mak, and I get no compile time
        > errors or even warnings.
        >
        > * Vim 7.3.843 with Perl, Python, and Ruby
        > (Perl and Python work fine.)
        > * ruby 1.9.3p327 (2012-11-10) [i386-mingw32]
        >
        > - Christian
        >
        > --
        > A man's house is his hassle.
        > Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...>
        > http://christianrobinson.name/
        >
        > --
        > --
        >
        > ---

        - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

      • Christian J. Robinson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1 6:29 PM
          On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO wrote:

          > What value specified for make?

          I have attached my modified Make_ming.mak.

          Due to the necessity of hacking Make_ming.mak to get it to compile
          with the Perl interface, I have just started changing the values in it
          instead of specifying them all on the command line.

          - Christian

          --
          I/O, I/O, It's off to disk I go,
          A bit or byte to read or write, I/O, I/O, I/O...

        • Ken Takata
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2 7:32 AM
            Hi Christian,

            2013/03/02 Sat 11:29:51 UTC+9 Heptite:

            > On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO wrote:
            >
            > > What value specified for make?
            >
            > I have attached my modified Make_ming.mak.
            >
            > Due to the necessity of hacking Make_ming.mak to get it to compile
            > with the Perl interface, I have just started changing the values in it
            > instead of specifying them all on the command line.

            You set RUBY_VER as 191, but it should be 19.

            Regards,
            Ken Takata

          • Christian J. Robinson
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2 9:36 AM
              On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Ken Takata wrote:

              > You set RUBY_VER as 191, but it should be 19.

              Thank you, this fixed it. I wonder why it even worked before?

              - Christian

              --
              An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2 3:29 PM
                Hi Christian,

                2013/03/03 Sun 2:36:10 UTC+9 Heptite wrote:

                > Thank you, this fixed it. I wonder why it even worked before?

                See the patch 7.3.834.

                Regards,
                Ken Takata