Re: Can't compile Vim with python3 and perl support with MinGW for Windows XP

  • rail shafigulin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 12:12 PM
      On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:17:17 PM UTC-5, rail shafigulin wrote:
      > I tried to compile Vim several times with perl and python3 support and the perl portion works but python3 crashes.
      >
      > I tried to compile it DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes and with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=no.
      >
      > Problem 1.
      > When I run gVim, In both cases (dynamic or non-dynamic python) it tells me that libstdc++-6.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll are missing. After I copy those libraries into my Vim directory, I finally can run Vim. If I compile it with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=no, why do I need to copy those files into the Vim directory, shouldn't they be already linked to the executable?
      >
      > Problem 2.
      > Now that I have both of the libraries in the Vim directory, whenever I try to execute :python3 print('Hello World'), gVim/Vim crashes with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. There is a difference between how they gVim and Vim crash. Unlike gVim, Vim has a fatal error in its command line before it crashes. Here is what it says: Fatal Python error: take_gil: NULL tstate.
      >
      > There is obviously something is mission in my compilation, but I can't figure out what. Does anybody know what have I done wrong?
      >
      > All the images with errors are attached to this post. Any help is appreciated.
      >

      > Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP 3
      > MinGW 4.6.2
      > vim73_46.zip (that's the one I found on www.vim.org, if there is a later one, I will gladly take it)

      I forgot to mention that I'm trying to compile with OLE support. Here is what I have in my bat file

      @echo off
      REM this file must be run in Vim source directory (e.g., C:\devel\vim73\src)
      REM these folders and files can be deleted after compilation: /gobj/, /obj/, pathdef.c

      REM add "bin" directory of MinGW installation to system PATH
      PATH = C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%;

      REM build GUI version (gvim.exe)
      mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=yes gvim.exe > build_vim_log.txt 2>&1

      REM build console version (vim.exe)
      mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=no vim.exe >> build_vim_log.txt 2>&1

      pause

      I got these instructions from http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW and adapted them to what I need.

    • rail shafigulin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 1:01 PM
        On Friday, March 1, 2013 3:12:23 PM UTC-5, rail shafigulin wrote:
        > On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:17:17 PM UTC-5, rail shafigulin wrote:
        > > I tried to compile Vim several times with perl and python3 support and the perl portion works but python3 crashes.
        > >
        > > I tried to compile it DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes and with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=no.
        > >
        > > Problem 1.
        > > When I run gVim, In both cases (dynamic or non-dynamic python) it tells me that libstdc++-6.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll are missing. After I copy those libraries into my Vim directory, I finally can run Vim. If I compile it with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=no, why do I need to copy those files into the Vim directory, shouldn't they be already linked to the executable?
        > >
        > > Problem 2.
        > > Now that I have both of the libraries in the Vim directory, whenever I try to execute :python3 print('Hello World'), gVim/Vim crashes with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. There is a difference between how they gVim and Vim crash. Unlike gVim, Vim has a fatal error in its command line before it crashes. Here is what it says: Fatal Python error: take_gil: NULL tstate.
        > >
        > > There is obviously something is mission in my compilation, but I can't figure out what. Does anybody know what have I done wrong?
        > >
        > > All the images with errors are attached to this post. Any help is appreciated.
        > >

        > > Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP 3
        > > MinGW 4.6.2
        > > vim73_46.zip (that's the one I found on www.vim.org, if there is a later one, I will gladly take it)
        >
        > I forgot to mention that I'm trying to compile with OLE support. Here is what I have in my bat file
        >
        > @echo off
        > REM this file must be run in Vim source directory (e.g., C:\devel\vim73\src)
        > REM these folders and files can be deleted after compilation: /gobj/, /obj/, pathdef.c
        >
        > REM add "bin" directory of MinGW installation to system PATH
        > PATH = C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%;
        >
        > REM build GUI version (gvim.exe)
        > mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=yes gvim.exe > build_vim_log.txt 2>&1
        >
        > REM build console version (vim.exe)
        > mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=no vim.exe >> build_vim_log.txt 2>&1
        >
        > pause
        >
        > I got these instructions from http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW and adapted them to what I need.

        Well I found a solution to the python issue. Here it is
        http://markmail.org/thread/5lqelk2pfjobfwom

        But I still need a way to statically link those two libraries. Any help is appreciated.

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 1:37 PM
          On Friday, March 1, 2013 3:01:39 PM UTC-6, cyboman wrote:
          > On Friday, March 1, 2013 3:12:23 PM UTC-5, rail shafigulin wrote:
          > > On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:17:17 PM UTC-5, rail shafigulin wrote:
          > > > I tried to compile Vim several times with perl and python3 support and the perl portion works but python3 crashes.
          > > >
          > > > I tried to compile it DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes and with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=no.
          > > >
          > > > Problem 1.
          > > > When I run gVim, In both cases (dynamic or non-dynamic python) it tells me that libstdc++-6.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll are missing. After I copy those libraries into my Vim directory, I finally can run Vim. If I compile it with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=no, why do I need to copy those files into the Vim directory, shouldn't they be already linked to the executable?
          > > >
          > > > Problem 2.
          > > > Now that I have both of the libraries in the Vim directory, whenever I try to execute :python3 print('Hello World'), gVim/Vim crashes with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. There is a difference between how they gVim and Vim crash. Unlike gVim, Vim has a fatal error in its command line before it crashes. Here is what it says: Fatal Python error: take_gil: NULL tstate.
          > > >
          > > > There is obviously something is mission in my compilation, but I can't figure out what. Does anybody know what have I done wrong?
          > > >
          > > > All the images with errors are attached to this post. Any help is appreciated.
          > > >

          > > > Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP 3
          > > > MinGW 4.6.2
          > > > vim73_46.zip (that's the one I found on www.vim.org, if there is a later one, I will gladly take it)
          > >
          > > I forgot to mention that I'm trying to compile with OLE support. Here is what I have in my bat file
          > >
          > > @echo off
          > > REM this file must be run in Vim source directory (e.g., C:\devel\vim73\src)
          > > REM these folders and files can be deleted after compilation: /gobj/, /obj/, pathdef.c
          > >
          > > REM add "bin" directory of MinGW installation to system PATH
          > > PATH = C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%;
          > >
          > > REM build GUI version (gvim.exe)
          > > mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=yes gvim.exe > build_vim_log.txt 2>&1
          > >
          > > REM build console version (vim.exe)
          > > mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=no vim.exe >> build_vim_log.txt 2>&1
          > >
          > > pause
          > >
          > > I got these instructions from http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW and adapted them to what I need.
          >
          > Well I found a solution to the python issue. Here it is
          > http://markmail.org/thread/5lqelk2pfjobfwom
          >
          > But I still need a way to statically link those two libraries. Any help is appreciated.

          Please try building from the latest Vim source. You said you used the zip file of 7.3.46 from a few years ago. The latest code from the Mercurial repository is at version 7.3.843.

          As for the runtime errors, I wonder whether you simply need to update your system path to include the python install location?