Re: Updated c.vim / cpp.vim for C++11

  • mattn
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013

      https://gist.github.com/5047752

      > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.

      It exists in c.vim already.

      Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > > This uses the variable cpp_no_cpp11. Can we document this?
        >
        > https://gist.github.com/5047752

        Thanks.

        > > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.
        >
        > It exists in c.vim already.
        >
        > Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...

        I mean that c_no_c11 should be a separate variable because it has a
        different meaning thatn cpp_no_cpp11, right?

        12. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
        pulled the plug on a loved one.

      • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
          Yes, C11 is not C++11. It's ISO/IEC 9899: 2011.

          > Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
          >
          >> > This uses the variable cpp_no_cpp11. Can we document this?
          >>
          >> https://gist.github.com/5047752
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          >> > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.
          >>
          >> It exists in c.vim already.
          >>
          >> Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...
          >
          > I mean that c_no_c11 should be a separate variable because it has a
          > different meaning thatn cpp_no_cpp11, right?
          >
          > --
          > 12. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
          > pulled the plug on a loved one.

          > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/
          > \\\
          > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org
          > ///

          - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > Yes, C11 is not C++11. It's ISO/IEC 9899: 2011.

            Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
            I removed the changes for now.
            I'll push the current version to the repository.

            --
            In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the
            Galaxy, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" has already supplanted the

          • mattn
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
              > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
              >
              > I removed the changes for now.
              >
              > I'll push the current version to the repository.

              What code did you use?

              Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda expression has wrong syntax.

              http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png

              This is valid code.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
                Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                > > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
                > >
                > > I removed the changes for now.
                > >
                > > I'll push the current version to the repository.
                >
                > What code did you use?

                Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

                > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                > expression has wrong syntax.
                >
                > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                >
                > This is valid code.

                We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

                32. You don't know what sex three of your closest friends are, because they
                have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.

              • mattn
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
                  > > What code did you use?
                  > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

                  I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
                  Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?

                  > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                  > > expression has wrong syntax.
                  > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                  > > This is valid code.
                  > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

                  Our changes should fix that.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
                    Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                    > > > What code did you use?
                    > > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.
                    >

                    > I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
                    > Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?
                    >
                    > > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                    > > > expression has wrong syntax.
                    > > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                    > > > This is valid code.
                    > > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...
                    >
                    > Our changes should fix that.

                    Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
                    version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

                    --
                    Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
                    an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

                  • mattn
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
                      > Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
                      > version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

                      I merged your changes.

                      https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/ (master branch)

                      And below is diff from your last changes

                      https://gist.github.com/mattn/5124324