Updated c.vim / cpp.vim for C++11

  • mattn
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hi bram.

      We updated c.vim / cpp.vim for support C++11.

      https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim

      In the final analysis, we dropped syntax of ternary operator in C++11.

      https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/issues/7

      If lambda is contained in ternary operator, syntax become too complex.
      So if user doesn't set cpp_no_cpp11=1 on cpp filetype, syntax of ternary operator will be disabled.

      Thanks.
      - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

    • mattn
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
        ex. lambda in ternary operator

        https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/issues/7

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > We updated c.vim / cpp.vim for support C++11.
          >
          > https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim
          >
          > In the final analysis, we dropped syntax of ternary operator in C++11.
          >
          > https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/issues/7
          >
          > If lambda is contained in ternary operator, syntax become too complex.
          > So if user doesn't set cpp_no_cpp11=1 on cpp filetype, syntax of
          > ternary operator will be disabled.

          This uses the variable cpp_no_cpp11. Can we document this?

          There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.

          --
          It's totally unfair to suggest - as many have - that engineers are socially
          inept. Engineers simply have different objectives when it comes to social

        • mattn
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013

            https://gist.github.com/5047752

            > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.

            It exists in c.vim already.

            Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
              Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

              > > This uses the variable cpp_no_cpp11. Can we document this?
              >
              > https://gist.github.com/5047752

              Thanks.

              > > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.
              >
              > It exists in c.vim already.
              >
              > Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...

              I mean that c_no_c11 should be a separate variable because it has a
              different meaning thatn cpp_no_cpp11, right?

              12. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
              pulled the plug on a loved one.

            • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
                Yes, C11 is not C++11. It's ISO/IEC 9899: 2011.

                > Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
                >
                >> > This uses the variable cpp_no_cpp11. Can we document this?
                >>
                >> https://gist.github.com/5047752
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                >> > There also is c_no_c11, I suppose that has a different meaning.
                >>
                >> It exists in c.vim already.
                >>
                >> Sorry I can add more in well‐chosen words...
                >
                > I mean that c_no_c11 should be a separate variable because it has a
                > different meaning thatn cpp_no_cpp11, right?
                >
                > --
                > 12. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
                > pulled the plug on a loved one.

                > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/
                > \\\
                > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org
                > ///

                - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
                  Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                  > Yes, C11 is not C++11. It's ISO/IEC 9899: 2011.

                  Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
                  I removed the changes for now.
                  I'll push the current version to the repository.

                  --
                  In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the
                  Galaxy, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" has already supplanted the

                • mattn
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
                    > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
                    >
                    > I removed the changes for now.
                    >
                    > I'll push the current version to the repository.

                    What code did you use?

                    Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda expression has wrong syntax.

                    http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png

                    This is valid code.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
                      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                      > > Unfortunately I now see many "}" highlighted as an error in C code.
                      > >
                      > > I removed the changes for now.
                      > >
                      > > I'll push the current version to the repository.
                      >
                      > What code did you use?

                      Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

                      > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                      > expression has wrong syntax.
                      >
                      > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                      >
                      > This is valid code.

                      We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

                      32. You don't know what sex three of your closest friends are, because they
                      have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.

                    • mattn
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
                        > > What code did you use?
                        > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.

                        I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
                        Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?

                        > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                        > > expression has wrong syntax.
                        > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                        > > This is valid code.
                        > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...

                        Our changes should fix that.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
                          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                          > > > What code did you use?
                          > > Vim source code. Happens in all functions with nested {}.
                          >

                          > I checked 20 files in vim's source code, but I didn't see the problem.
                          > Did you replace syntax/c.vim and syntax/cpp.vim ? Or put into your after directory?
                          >
                          > > > Currently, when I use last updated c.vim/cpp.vim, C++11 lambda
                          > > > expression has wrong syntax.
                          > > > http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/0bd47218af603b3a.png
                          > > > This is valid code.
                          > > We need a fix that doesn't break something else...
                          >
                          > Our changes should fix that.

                          Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
                          version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

                          --
                          Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
                          an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

                        • mattn
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
                            > Perhaps the patch didn't apply properly. Can you please take the current
                            > version in Mercurial and aplly you changes to that?

                            I merged your changes.

                            https://github.com/vim-jp/cpp-vim/ (master branch)

                            And below is diff from your last changes

                            https://gist.github.com/mattn/5124324