Bug: colorcolumn highlighting has higher priority than hlsearch?

  • Nazri Ramliy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi,

      It seems like the colorcolumn highlighting has higher priority than
      hlsearch, which I think it shouldn't, as it defeats the purpose of
      highlighting the matched search pattern. To reproduce:

      $ (echo 12345678; echo 5678)|vim -u NONE -U NONE -c 'set cc=5,8
      hlsearch' -c 'let @/ = "5678"' -

      Expected result:
      Both matches of the "5678" are highlighted in yellow background.

      $ vim --version|grep patches
      Included patches: 1-816

      Regards,

      Nazri