Re: [patch v3] [test] test if :mksession saves cursor columns correctly in presence of tab and multibyte characters

  • Roland Eggner
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi Bram and Christian!

      On 2013-02-18 Monday at 23:09 +0100 Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Mo, 18 Feb 2013, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >

      > > Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > > > Oh, I didn't know that.

      > > > You mean w_cursor.col and using '|' instead of 'l'. That won't help
      > > > here, I am afraid.
      > >
      > > No, that doesn't work. I meant w_virtcol. It has to be validated
      > > before using it. Might be tricky in other windows than the current
      > > window.
      >
      > Hm, that was what the original patch was all about I think? If I know
      > how to validate it, I can make a patch, using the already suggested
      > test.

      test91 v2 failed under certain conditions, because vim erroneously changed
      encoding and damaged file “test91.in”.

      Here is test{91,92} v3.
      Now I can report: My patch for “src/ex_docmd.c” works for me (tm) :)
      I tried the following and all tests succeeded:

      pushd vim-7.3.822
      patch -p1 -N -u -i 'vim-7.3.816 src ex_docmd.c … .patch'
      patch -p1 -N -u -i 'vim-7.3.816 src testdir test91 test92 v3 … .patch'
      pushd src/testdir
      make clean
      env {LANG,LC_CTYPE,LC_MESSAGES}=C make -j1
      make clean
      env {LANG,LC_CTYPE,LC_MESSAGES}=en_US.ISO-8859-1 make -j1
      make clean
      env {LANG,LC_CTYPE,LC_MESSAGES}=en_US.utf8 make -j1

      Bram, if you wish the lines “debugging stuff” removed from test{91,92}.in or any
      other “final polish” … just let me know.

      --
      Regards
      Roland Eggner