L10N Patch for vim2html.pl

  • tyru
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hello vim_dev and Sirtaj Singh Kang(who is the first author of this script).

      I wrote a patch for vim2html.pl, which I found in vim runtime directory.
      (":e $VIM/doc/vim2html.pl" to open it)

      Here is the latest revision of the patch:
      https://gist.github.com/tyru/4414639/69c2bddfa0216326d4fe51762541c8c0c21e5d62

      for Sirtaj Singh Kang:
      I made a little fixes to the patch I've sent to you before.
      no more detect utf-8 encoding from "tags" file.
      (and my vim friend mattn(Yasuhiro Matsumoto) made me realize that my
      patch is "L10N", not "I18N")

      What this patch causes:
      * Process *.??x files (non-English vim help files) not only *.txt files
      * Add charset tag <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=$encoding">
      * $encoding = "latin1" by default
      * If the firstline of help file contains non-ASCII character, set
      "utf-8" to $encoding. as well as vim does (:help help-translated).

      Thanks

      On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Sirtaj Singh Kang <taj@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > On 12/31/2012 1:13 AM, tyru wrote:
      > [snip]
      >
      >> so I wrote a i18n patch for vim2html.pl .
      >

      > Thanks so much for the patch. At the moment I haven't been maintaining this
      > project separately
      > since it's part of the vim source now.
      >

      >> P.S., Should I send this patch to also vim_dev@... ?
      >

      > Yes, it's probably best to send it there so it can be applied to the vim
      > version directly by the devs. Thanks again. Nice to see that people still
      > use this.
      >
      > -Taj.

    • tyru
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013