Re: Patch 7.3.821

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi Steve,

      2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:

      > Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?

      I don't know why. I just copied it from Make_ming.mak.

      > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
      > required.)

      Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
      You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
      C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

      Regards,
      Ken Takata

    • Steve Hall
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2013
        Hi Ken,

        On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Ken Takata <kentkt@...> wrote:
        > 2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:
        > >
        > > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
        > > required.)
        > Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
        > You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
        > C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

        Just tested this, and reporting for the record. It appears the var is
        required to build binaries/installers that would be installed without
        Cygwin on path.

        --
        Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]