Re: Patch 7.3.821

  • Mats Bertil Tegner
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
      On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Patch 7.3.821
      > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
      > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
      > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

      Hi,
      Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
      the README file. Will it be available later?
      Regards,
      Mats Tegner

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
        Mats Tegner wrote:

        > On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > >
        > > Patch 7.3.821
        > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
        > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
        > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
        > >

        > Hi,
        > Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
        > the README file. Will it be available later?

        It's there now. Forgot to press the "send" button.

        --
        If you don't get everything you want, think of
        everything you didn't get and don't want.

      • Steve Hall
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
          On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Patch 7.3.821
          > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
          > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
          > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

          Works for me.

          Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?
          (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
          required.)

        • Ken Takata
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
            Hi Steve,

            2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:

            > Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?

            I don't know why. I just copied it from Make_ming.mak.

            > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
            > required.)

            Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
            You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
            C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

            Regards,
            Ken Takata

          • Steve Hall
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 20, 2013
              Hi Ken,

              On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Ken Takata <kentkt@...> wrote:
              > 2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:
              > >
              > > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
              > > required.)
              > Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
              > You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
              > C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

              Just tested this, and reporting for the record. It appears the var is
              required to build binaries/installers that would be installed without
              Cygwin on path.

              --
              Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]