Re: Patch 7.3.821

  • Mats Bertil Tegner
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
      On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Patch 7.3.821
      > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
      > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
      > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

      Hi,
      Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
      the README file. Will it be available later?
      Regards,
      Mats Tegner

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
        Ken Takata wrote:

        > 2013/02/17 Sun 2:16:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        >
        > > Patch 7.3.821
        > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
        > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
        > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
        >
        > > ! EXTRA_LIBS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic
        >
        > Maybe it doesn't cause a problem, but actually '-lsupc++' in this line
        > is not needed. Sorry for that.

        OK, I'll remove it.

        --
        SOLDIER: Where did you get the coconuts?
        ARTHUR: Through ... We found them.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
          Mats Tegner wrote:

          > On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > >
          > > Patch 7.3.821
          > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
          > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
          > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
          > >

          > Hi,
          > Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
          > the README file. Will it be available later?

          It's there now. Forgot to press the "send" button.

          --
          If you don't get everything you want, think of
          everything you didn't get and don't want.

        • Steve Hall
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
            On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Patch 7.3.821
            > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
            > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
            > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

            Works for me.

            Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?
            (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
            required.)

          • Ken Takata
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
              Hi Steve,

              2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:

              > Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?

              I don't know why. I just copied it from Make_ming.mak.

              > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
              > required.)

              Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
              You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
              C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

              Regards,
              Ken Takata

            • Steve Hall
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 20, 2013
                Hi Ken,

                On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Ken Takata <kentkt@...> wrote:
                > 2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:
                > >
                > > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
                > > required.)
                > Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
                > You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
                > C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

                Just tested this, and reporting for the record. It appears the var is
                required to build binaries/installers that would be installed without
                Cygwin on path.

                --
                Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]