Re: BUG: Cursor disappears when I split the window in GVIM.

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hi mind!

      On So, 17 Feb 2013, mind entropy wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > When I split the window my cursor disappears. The cursor is still
      > functional but has just disappeared. This is tested because when I scroll I
      > can see the brace match happening. This is usually triggered when I get
      > NerdTree window and after I close it the cursor disappears. The only way to
      > fix this now is just minimize and maximize the window and the cursor
      > reappears. I am using it in fluxbox under ubuntu 12.10. My VIM version is
      > 7.3.547

      What happens if you press ctrl-l or type :redraw (with and without the !
      attribute)?

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Christian
      --
      Glück bedeutet Gelassenheit. Wer glücklich sein will, muß Zeit für die
      Ewigkeit haben.

    • mind entropy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013

        On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
        On 17/02/13 08:54, mind entropy wrote:
        Hi,

           When I split the window my cursor disappears. The cursor is still
        functional but has just disappeared. This is tested because when I
        scroll I can see the brace match happening. This is usually triggered
        when I get NerdTree window and after I close it the cursor disappears.
        The only way to fix this now is just minimize and maximize the window
        and the cursor reappears. I am using it in fluxbox under ubuntu 12.10.
        My VIM version is 7.3.547

        Thanks,
        Gautam.

        Do you mean the text cursor (at the intersection of 'cursorline' and 'cursorcolumn' if you use them) or the mouse pointer? It is a known feature that gvim hides the mouse pointer whenever you haven't used the mouse for a certain time.

         Its the text cursor. I am not using the cursorline and cursorcolumn feature. The text cursor is the rectangle.

        If the former, ":set cuc cul" (without the quotes) might help by giving you "crosshairs" on the cursor location. If the latter, just move the mouse and its pointer will reappear.

         I just want the plain old cursor.

        Beer & pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.
                        [real standing law in North Dakota, United States of America]

        Thanks,
        Gautam.

      • mind entropy
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013

          On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
          Hi mind!

          On So, 17 Feb 2013, mind entropy wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          >   When I split the window my cursor disappears. The cursor is still
          > functional but has just disappeared. This is tested because when I scroll I
          > can see the brace match happening. This is usually triggered when I get
          > NerdTree window and after I close it the cursor disappears. The only way to
          > fix this now is just minimize and maximize the window and the cursor
          > reappears. I am using it in fluxbox under ubuntu 12.10. My VIM version is
          > 7.3.547

          What happens if you press ctrl-l or type :redraw (with and without the !
          attribute)?

           Nothing happens. Only after I resize the screen i.e I click the box on the top right of the window and then hit it again to maximize will the cursor appear.

          Thanks,
          Gautam.