Re: Patch 7.3.821

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
      Hi Bram,

      2013/02/17 Sun 2:16:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Patch 7.3.821
      > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
      > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
      > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

      > ! EXTRA_LIBS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic

      Maybe it doesn't cause a problem, but actually '-lsupc++' in this line
      is not needed. Sorry for that.

      Regards,
      Ken Takata

    • Mats Bertil Tegner
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
        On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Patch 7.3.821
        > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
        > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
        > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

        Hi,
        Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
        the README file. Will it be available later?
        Regards,
        Mats Tegner

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
          Ken Takata wrote:

          > 2013/02/17 Sun 2:16:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          >
          > > Patch 7.3.821
          > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
          > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
          > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
          >
          > > ! EXTRA_LIBS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic
          >
          > Maybe it doesn't cause a problem, but actually '-lsupc++' in this line
          > is not needed. Sorry for that.

          OK, I'll remove it.

          --
          SOLDIER: Where did you get the coconuts?
          ARTHUR: Through ... We found them.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
            Mats Tegner wrote:

            > On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > >
            > > Patch 7.3.821
            > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
            > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
            > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
            > >

            > Hi,
            > Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
            > the README file. Will it be available later?

            It's there now. Forgot to press the "send" button.

            --
            If you don't get everything you want, think of
            everything you didn't get and don't want.

          • Steve Hall
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
              On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

              > Patch 7.3.821
              > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
              > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
              > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

              Works for me.

              Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?
              (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
              required.)

            • Ken Takata
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
                Hi Steve,

                2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:

                > Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?

                I don't know why. I just copied it from Make_ming.mak.

                > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
                > required.)

                Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
                You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
                C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

                Regards,
                Ken Takata

              • Steve Hall
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 20, 2013
                  Hi Ken,

                  On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Ken Takata <kentkt@...> wrote:
                  > 2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:
                  > >
                  > > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
                  > > required.)
                  > Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
                  > You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
                  > C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

                  Just tested this, and reporting for the record. It appears the var is
                  required to build binaries/installers that would be installed without
                  Cygwin on path.

                  --
                  Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]