Issue 110 in vim: Test49 is failing for the last two weeks updates

  • vim@...
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 110 by altuny...@...: Test49 is failing for the last two
      weeks updates

      What steps will reproduce the problem?
      1../configure --enable-luainterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-rubyinterp
      --enable-perlinterp --enable-multibyte --enable-gui=gtk2
      --with-features=huge
      2.make & make test
      3.

      All tests should pass, but test49 fails with segmentation fault, messing up
      the terminal.

      This is the output:

      Press ENTER or type command to continueVim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      make: *** [test49.out] Segmentation fault
      # For flaky tests retry one time.
      #
      Check if the test.out file matches test.ok.

      rm
      -rf X* test.ok viminfo

      # ./src/vim --version
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Feb 16 2013 19:44:07)
      Included patches: 1-821
      Compiled by den@adam
      Huge version with GTK2 GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
      +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info
      +comments
      +conceal +cryptv +cscope +cursorbind +cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff
      +digraphs +dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi
      +file_in_path +find_in_path +float +folding -footer +fork() +gettext
      -hangul_input +iconv +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall
      +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +lua +menu +mksession
      +modify_fname
      +mouse +mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm
      +mouse_sgr -mouse_sysmouse +mouse_urxvt +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang
      -mzscheme +netbeans_intg +path_extra -perl +persistent_undo +postscript
      +printer +profile +python -python3 +quickfix +reltime +rightleft -ruby
      +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +startuptime +statusline
      -sun_workshop
      +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +terminfo
      +termresponse
      +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual
      +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup
      +X11 -xfontset +xim +xsmp_interact +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK -pthread
      -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include
      -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
      -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/
      -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
      -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12
      -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
      Linking: gcc -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim -lgtk-x11-2.0
      -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0
      -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0
      -lglib-2.0 -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXt -lX11 -lXdmcp -lSM -lICE -lm -ltinfo
      -lnsl -ldl -L/usr/lib -llua5.2 -L/usr/lib/python2.7/config -lpython2.7
      -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1
      -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions

      I'm using vim 7.3-797 without problems with this setup and have always used
      self compiled vim but did not have any test errors up to last two weeks
      updates.

      issue notifications to this address.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
        Comment #1 on issue 110 by altuny...@...: Test49 is failing for the
        last two weeks updates

        I've compiled and tested the revisions since v7-3-797 and it seems that
        v7-3-799 is where the test49 starts failing. all the revisions since then
        fails the same test.

        issue notifications to this address.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
          Comment #2 on issue 110 by brammool...@...: Test49 is failing for the
          last two weeks updates

          I cannot reproduce the problem. Tests pass fine for me.

          issue notifications to this address.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
            Comment #3 on issue 110 by altuny...@...: Test49 is failing for the
            last two weeks updates

            Attached is the valgrind output of test49 in v7-3-799 , error message "
            Invalid read of size 8"

            Attachments:
            valgrind.test49 3.5 KB

            issue notifications to this address.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
              Comment #4 on issue 110 by vega.james@...: Test49 is failing for the
              last two weeks updates

              This patch fixes the issue for me.

              Attachments:
              invalid-curbuf.patch 573 bytes

              issue notifications to this address.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
                Comment #5 on issue 110 by chrisbr...@...: Test49 is failing for
                the last two weeks updates

                This has been discussed recently on the vim-dev mailinglist. See this
                thread with a proposed patch:
                https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/y-ZB3ZTKXFc/13uDYvcQ10QJ

                issue notifications to this address.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
                  Comment #6 on issue 110 by altuny...@...: Test49 is failing for the
                  last two weeks updates

                  v7-3-822 fixes the problem for me. Thanks.

                  issue notifications to this address.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
                    Updates:

                    Comment #7 on issue 110 by brammool...@...: Test49 is failing for the