Patch 7.3.821

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
      Patch 7.3.821
      Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
      Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
      Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

      *** ../vim-7.3.820/src/Make_cyg.mak 2013-02-13 17:06:06.000000000 +0100
      --- src/Make_cyg.mak 2013-02-16 18:09:49.000000000 +0100
      ***************
      *** 106,111 ****
      --- 106,118 ----
      OPTIMIZE = MAXSPEED
      endif

      +
      + # Link against the shared version of libstdc++ by default. Set
      + # STATIC_STDCPLUS to "yes" to link against static version instead.
      + ifndef STATIC_STDCPLUS
      + STATIC_STDCPLUS=no
      + endif
      +
      ### See feature.h for a list of optionals.
      ### Any other defines can be included here.

      ***************
      *** 478,484 ****
      ifeq (yes, $(OLE))
      DEFINES += -DFEAT_OLE
      EXTRA_OBJS += $(OUTDIR)/if_ole.o
      ! EXTRA_LIBS += -loleaut32 -lstdc++
      endif

      ##############################
      --- 485,496 ----
      ifeq (yes, $(OLE))
      DEFINES += -DFEAT_OLE
      EXTRA_OBJS += $(OUTDIR)/if_ole.o
      ! EXTRA_LIBS += -loleaut32
      ! ifeq (yes, $(STATIC_STDCPLUS))
      ! EXTRA_LIBS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic
      ! else
      ! EXTRA_LIBS += -lstdc++
      ! endif
      endif

      ##############################
      *** ../vim-7.3.820/src/version.c 2013-02-14 22:19:47.000000000 +0100
      --- src/version.c 2013-02-16 18:11:52.000000000 +0100
      ***************
      *** 727,728 ****
      --- 727,730 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 821,
      /**/

      --
      ARTHUR: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot.
      King of all Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England!

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
        Hi Bram,

        2013/02/17 Sun 2:16:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Patch 7.3.821
        > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
        > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
        > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

        > ! EXTRA_LIBS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic

        Maybe it doesn't cause a problem, but actually '-lsupc++' in this line
        is not needed. Sorry for that.

        Regards,
        Ken Takata

      • Mats Bertil Tegner
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
          On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Patch 7.3.821
          > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
          > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
          > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

          Hi,
          Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
          the README file. Will it be available later?
          Regards,
          Mats Tegner

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
            Ken Takata wrote:

            > 2013/02/17 Sun 2:16:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >
            > > Patch 7.3.821
            > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
            > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
            > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
            >
            > > ! EXTRA_LIBS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic
            >
            > Maybe it doesn't cause a problem, but actually '-lsupc++' in this line
            > is not needed. Sorry for that.

            OK, I'll remove it.

            --
            SOLDIER: Where did you get the coconuts?
            ARTHUR: Through ... We found them.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
              Mats Tegner wrote:

              > On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
              > >
              > > Patch 7.3.821
              > > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
              > > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
              > > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak
              > >

              > Hi,
              > Patch 821, is not present on the FTP-server yet, nor is it mentioned in
              > the README file. Will it be available later?

              It's there now. Forgot to press the "send" button.

              --
              If you don't get everything you want, think of
              everything you didn't get and don't want.

            • Steve Hall
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
                On 02/16/2013 06:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                > Patch 7.3.821
                > Problem: Build with OLE and Cygwin is broken. (Steve Hall)
                > Solution: Select static or shared stdc library. (Ken Takta)
                > Files: src/Make_cyg.mak

                Works for me.

                Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?
                (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
                required.)

              • Ken Takata
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
                  Hi Steve,

                  2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:

                  > Just curious why this wouldn't be the default instead of the option?

                  I don't know why. I just copied it from Make_ming.mak.

                  > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
                  > required.)

                  Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
                  You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
                  C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

                  Regards,
                  Ken Takata

                • Steve Hall
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 20, 2013
                    Hi Ken,

                    On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Ken Takata <kentkt@...> wrote:
                    > 2013/02/18 Mon 22:41:13 UTC+9 Steve Hall wrote:
                    > >
                    > > (Having to specify STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes at the build line is always
                    > > required.)
                    > Actually It is not required, if you use stdc++ DLLs.
                    > You may find the required DLLs in the following directory:
                    > C:\cygwin\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin .

                    Just tested this, and reporting for the record. It appears the var is
                    required to build binaries/installers that would be installed without
                    Cygwin on path.

                    --
                    Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]