Patch 7.3.819

  • John Marriott
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hi all,

      I think there may be a problem with patch 7.3.819 which I got from the ftp site. When applying on windows I get:
      # patch --binary -p0 <..\patches\7.3.819
      patching file src/if_py_both.h
      patching file src/feature.h
      patching file src/eval.c
      patching file src/ex_docmd.c
      patching file src/normal.c
      patching file src/ex_docmd.c
      Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
      Apply anyway? [n]
      Skipping patch.
      5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file src/ex_docmd.c.rej
      patching file src/gui_gtk_x11.c
      patching file src/version.c

      It seems that the changes for ex_docmd.c are in the patch file twice. After removing the second changes from the patch file the patch applies cleanly.

      Cheers
      John

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2013
        John Marriott wrote:

        > I think there may be a problem with patch 7.3.819 which I got from the
        > ftp site. When applying on windows I get:
        >
        > # patch --binary -p0
        > <..\patches\7.3.819
        > patching file src/if_py_both.h
        > patching file src/feature.h
        > patching file src/eval.c
        > patching file src/ex_docmd.c
        > patching file src/normal.c
        > patching file src/ex_docmd.c
        > Reversed (or previously applied) patch
        > detected! Assume -R? [n]
        > Apply anyway? [n]
        > Skipping patch.
        > 5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to
        > file src/ex_docmd.c.rej
        > patching file src/gui_gtk_x11.c
        > patching file src/version.c
        >
        > It seems that the changes for ex_docmd.c are in the patch file twice.
        > After removing the second changes from the patch file the patch applies
        > cleanly.

        You are right, I have corrected the file on the ftp site.

        --
        Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas.