Re: Vim hangs with insertion after long line

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 14, 2013
      On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:54:39 AM UTC-6, Fran├žois Ingelrest wrote:

      > I think as well that such an option could be a good idea, not just for
      >
      > RE but for any bigger changes that strives to be eventually included
      >
      > into the main development line. I'm sure many people on this list
      >
      > would go for experimental just to help testing new features. I
      >
      > personally don't have enough time to help in Vim development, but I'm
      >
      > always happy to run into various issues and report them.
      >
      > "experimental" could be a compilation option as well to avoid having
      >
      > both "old" and "new" code compiled into the program. It should be
      >
      > reported with bug reports like any other compilation option (just as
      >
      > in "happens with big features but not with tiny").

      With a runtime configurable option I'd be able to test at work where I actually exercise Vim more rigorously just because I use it for more stuff. I doubt I'd go to the trouble of installing two different versions of Vim at work, and I know I don't compile myself at work, at least not for Windows. I'm toying with the idea of compiling a version for running on our Solaris servers, because the one provided by IT is stuck at version 6.x.