Re: Can't build with racket 4.2 using MinGW anymore

  • Sergey Khorev
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2013
      On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@...> wrote:
      I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
      It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.

      Racket 4.2.3 works fine for me with gcc-3.4.5 and 4.5.2. Tried both 3m and conservative GC versions.
      If you want it fixed please provide more information: version of gcc, command line you used to build.

      How can I reverse that patch using hg?

      hg backout? But I'm not sure how it will work with further changes, at least you would have to merge after each pull.

    • Cesar Romani
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2013
        On 08/02/2013 10:41 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

        > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@...
        > <mailto:cesar.romani@...>> wrote:
        >
        > I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
        > It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.
        >

        > Racket 4.2.3 works fine for me with gcc-3.4.5 and 4.5.2. Tried both 3m
        > and conservative GC versions.
        > If you want it fixed please provide more information: version of gcc,
        > command line you used to build.

        I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
        MZSCHEME=c:/plt
        MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
        MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes

        and the command line is:
        make -f Make_ming,mak

        Many thanks in advance,

        --
        Cesar

      • Cesar Romani
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2013
          On 08/02/2013 10:41 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

          > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@...
          > <mailto:cesar.romani@...>> wrote:
          >
          > I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
          > It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.
          >

          > Racket 4.2.3 works fine for me with gcc-3.4.5 and 4.5.2. Tried both 3m
          > and conservative GC versions.
          > If you want it fixed please provide more information: version of gcc,
          > command line you used to build.

          I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
          MZSCHEME=c:/plt
          MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
          DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
          MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes

          and the command line is:
          make -f Make_ming.mak

          Many thanks in advance,

          --
          Cesar

        • Cesar Romani
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
            If I compile vim with MSVC, Racket 4.2.5 and
            MZSCHEME=c:\plt
            MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
            DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes

            and with the command line:
            nmake -f Make_mvc.mak

            I get:
            Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01

            Tcl requested (version 85) - root dir is "c:\tcl"
            Lua requested (version 51) - root dir is "C:\Lua\5.1"
            Lua DLL will be loaded dynamically
            Python requested (version 27) - root dir is "C:\Python27"
            Python DLL will be loaded dynamically
            MzScheme requested - root dir is "c:\plt"
            Building with Precise GC
            Make_mvc.mak(774) : fatal error U1050: MzScheme with Precise GC cannot
            be loaded dynamically
            Stop.

          • Sergey Khorev
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013

              I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
              MZSCHEME=c:/plt
              MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
              DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes

              MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes

              and the command line is:
              make -f Make_ming.mak

              Ok, I encounterred another problem with 4.2.5: Vim compiled fine but failed to link with undefined references to __emutls_v.scheme_thread_locals.

              On the other hand, 4.2.3 worked just fine:
              gcc 4.6.2, PLT Scheme 4.2.3
              with command line
              mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes MZSCHEME=%DEVLIBS%/plt4 DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncbi0 MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes

            • Cesar Romani
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
                On 17/02/2013 01:06 a.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

                > I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
                > MZSCHEME=c:/plt
                > MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
                > DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                >
                > MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes
                >
                > and the command line is:
                > make -f Make_ming.mak
                >

                > Ok, I encounterred another problem with 4.2.5: Vim compiled fine but
                > failed to link with undefined references to
                > __emutls_v.scheme_thread_locals.
                >
                > On the other hand, 4.2.3 worked just fine:
                > gcc 4.6.2, PLT Scheme 4.2.3
                > with command line
                > mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes MZSCHEME=%DEVLIBS%/plt4
                > DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncbi0 MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes
                > MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes

                but vim with racket 4.2.3 doesn't compile with DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                anymore.

                Cesar

              • Sergey Khorev
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 18, 2013
                  but vim with racket 4.2.3 doesn't compile with DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                  anymore.

                  As I wrote previously, if you want DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME, you need to either use version 3.x or build Racket yourself with conservative GC.

                • Cesar Romani
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 21, 2013
                    On 18/02/2013 10:41 a.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

                    > but vim with racket 4.2.3 doesn't compile with DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                    > anymore.
                    >
                    > As I wrote previously, if you want DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME, you need to either
                    > use version 3.x or build Racket yourself with conservative GC.

                    I know that, but before patch 7.3.791 it used to get compiled with
                    racket 4.2.3 and DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes.