Can't build with racket 4.2 using MinGW anymore

  • Cesar Romani
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2013
      I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
      It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.
      It used to get compiled before patch 7.3.791
      Now I always get:

      [...]
      if_mzsch.c: In function 'window_new':
      if_mzsch.c:1782:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
      if_mzsch.c: In function 'buffer_new':
      if_mzsch.c:2136:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
      make: *** [gobjZi386/if_mzsch.o] Error 1
      Error by compiling gvim.exe

      How can I reverse that patch using hg?

      Many thanks in advance,

      --
      Cesar

    • Sergey Khorev
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2013
        On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@...> wrote:
        I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
        It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.

        Racket 4.2.3 works fine for me with gcc-3.4.5 and 4.5.2. Tried both 3m and conservative GC versions.
        If you want it fixed please provide more information: version of gcc, command line you used to build.

        How can I reverse that patch using hg?

        hg backout? But I'm not sure how it will work with further changes, at least you would have to merge after each pull.

      • Cesar Romani
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2013
          On 08/02/2013 10:41 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

          > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@...
          > <mailto:cesar.romani@...>> wrote:
          >
          > I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
          > It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.
          >

          > Racket 4.2.3 works fine for me with gcc-3.4.5 and 4.5.2. Tried both 3m
          > and conservative GC versions.
          > If you want it fixed please provide more information: version of gcc,
          > command line you used to build.

          I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
          MZSCHEME=c:/plt
          MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
          MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes

          and the command line is:
          make -f Make_ming,mak

          Many thanks in advance,

          --
          Cesar

        • Cesar Romani
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2013
            On 08/02/2013 10:41 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

            > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@...
            > <mailto:cesar.romani@...>> wrote:
            >
            > I'm building vim on Windows 7 with MinGW.
            > It cannot be compiled with racket 4.2 anymore.
            >

            > Racket 4.2.3 works fine for me with gcc-3.4.5 and 4.5.2. Tried both 3m
            > and conservative GC versions.
            > If you want it fixed please provide more information: version of gcc,
            > command line you used to build.

            I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
            MZSCHEME=c:/plt
            MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
            DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
            MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes

            and the command line is:
            make -f Make_ming.mak

            Many thanks in advance,

            --
            Cesar

          • Cesar Romani
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
              If I compile vim with MSVC, Racket 4.2.5 and
              MZSCHEME=c:\plt
              MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
              DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes

              and with the command line:
              nmake -f Make_mvc.mak

              I get:
              Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01

              Tcl requested (version 85) - root dir is "c:\tcl"
              Lua requested (version 51) - root dir is "C:\Lua\5.1"
              Lua DLL will be loaded dynamically
              Python requested (version 27) - root dir is "C:\Python27"
              Python DLL will be loaded dynamically
              MzScheme requested - root dir is "c:\plt"
              Building with Precise GC
              Make_mvc.mak(774) : fatal error U1050: MzScheme with Precise GC cannot
              be loaded dynamically
              Stop.

            • Sergey Khorev
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013

                I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
                MZSCHEME=c:/plt
                MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
                DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes

                MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes

                and the command line is:
                make -f Make_ming.mak

                Ok, I encounterred another problem with 4.2.5: Vim compiled fine but failed to link with undefined references to __emutls_v.scheme_thread_locals.

                On the other hand, 4.2.3 worked just fine:
                gcc 4.6.2, PLT Scheme 4.2.3
                with command line
                mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes MZSCHEME=%DEVLIBS%/plt4 DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncbi0 MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes

              • Cesar Romani
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
                  On 17/02/2013 01:06 a.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

                  > I'm using MinGW with gcc-4.6.2, Racket 4.2.5 and
                  > MZSCHEME=c:/plt
                  > MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncd1k
                  > DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                  >
                  > MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes
                  >
                  > and the command line is:
                  > make -f Make_ming.mak
                  >

                  > Ok, I encounterred another problem with 4.2.5: Vim compiled fine but
                  > failed to link with undefined references to
                  > __emutls_v.scheme_thread_locals.
                  >
                  > On the other hand, 4.2.3 worked just fine:
                  > gcc 4.6.2, PLT Scheme 4.2.3
                  > with command line
                  > mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes MZSCHEME=%DEVLIBS%/plt4
                  > DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_6ncbi0 MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes
                  > MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes

                  but vim with racket 4.2.3 doesn't compile with DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                  anymore.

                  Cesar

                • Sergey Khorev
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 18, 2013
                    but vim with racket 4.2.3 doesn't compile with DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                    anymore.

                    As I wrote previously, if you want DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME, you need to either use version 3.x or build Racket yourself with conservative GC.

                  • Cesar Romani
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 21, 2013
                      On 18/02/2013 10:41 a.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

                      > but vim with racket 4.2.3 doesn't compile with DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes
                      > anymore.
                      >
                      > As I wrote previously, if you want DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME, you need to either
                      > use version 3.x or build Racket yourself with conservative GC.

                      I know that, but before patch 7.3.791 it used to get compiled with
                      racket 4.2.3 and DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=yes.