Re: New feature: absolute line number in relativenumber for the current line

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 4, 2013
      Nazri Ramliy wrote:
      > On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Nazri Ramliy <ayiehere@...> wrote:
      >> The patch do not include Christian's fix for the problem
      >> reported by Fran├žois Ingelrest.
      > Attached is the updated (and less buggy) toy patch that include
      > Christian's fix and test89, and also test90 for testing the
      > new option 'linenumber'.
      >
      > What the patch does is mirror the options 'number' and
      > 'relativenumber' into a single option 'linenumber', which is
      > a string option.
      >
      > To avoid expensive strcmps when checking for the value 'linenumber'
      > when drawing the line numbers I mirror it using an integer
      > option 'linenumberstyle' (w_p_lnrsty).
      >
      > On one hand the patch simplifies tests like this:
      >
      > i = (wp->w_p_nu || wp->w_p_rnu) ? number_width(wp) : 0;
      >
      > to:
      >
      > i = (wp->w_p_lnrsty != LNR_NONE) ? number_width(wp) : 0;
      >
      > but on the other hand it seems to complicate things by
      > having multiple variables representing the same stuff :-/
      >
      > Hence I'm still calling it a toy patch.

      Thank you -- I'll try it out (but I'm having troubles getting gtk
      enabled for vim for some odd reason, and am working on that)

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 29, 2013
        Ah, I understand now; sorry for the confusion -- I didn't know that patch 1115 changed the behavior of relativenumber/number. I know what I have to do now to modify my vimrc to behave like it used to for older versions by using the has("patch#") check.

        I do indeed like this new behavior better though :)
        Thanks very much for your help!

        --Stan