Re: Patch 7.3.798

  • toothpik
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
      I have a script I call u that performs a

          cd ~/.build/vim/vim
          hg pull 2>&1 >> ../update.log

      I'm also on suse 12.1 -- small world

      sc

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi toothpik!

        On Fr, 01 Feb 2013, toothpik wrote:

        > I have a script I call u that performs a
        >
        >     cd ~/.build/vim/vim
        >
        >     hg pull 2>&1 >> ../update.log
        >
        > I'm also on suse 12.1 -- small world

        What does your :version show? The patch included a change to the
        version.c file (as you can see in the first mail of this thread by Bram)

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Christian
        --
        Der Rhythmus hat etwas Zauberisches, sogar macht er uns glauben,
        das Erhabene gehöre uns an.

      • toothpik
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
          that was  my point:  version.c didn't get updated by my 'hg pull' so version still
          shows 797

          sc

          > I have a script I call u that performs a
          >
          >     cd ~/.build/vim/vim
          >
          >     hg pull 2>&1 >> ../update.log
          >
          > I'm also on suse 12.1 -- small world

          What does your :version show? The patch included a change to the
          version.c file (as you can see in the first mail of this thread by Bram)

          Mit freundlichen Grüßen
          Christian
          --
          Der Rhythmus hat etwas Zauberisches, sogar macht er uns glauben,
          das Erhabene gehöre uns an.

        • Ken Takata
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
            Hi toothpik,

            2013/02/02 Sat 4:27:54 UTC+9 toothpik:
            > that was  my point:  version.c didn't get updated by my 'hg pull' so version still
            > shows 797

            Did you do 'hg update' after 'hg pull'?

            Thanks,
            Ken Takata

          • Tony Mechelynck
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
              On 01/02/13 20:41, Ken Takata wrote:
              > Hi toothpik,
              >
              > 2013/02/02 Sat 4:27:54 UTC+9 toothpik:
              >> that was my point: version.c didn't get updated by my 'hg pull' so version still
              >> shows 797
              >
              > Did you do 'hg update' after 'hg pull'?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ken Takata

              Good point. "hg pull" by itself makes the new changesets known to
              Mercurial, but changes nothing to your source codebase. To get the
              latest source you need either

              hg pull
              hg update -r default

              or (with the fetch extension enabled)

              hg fetch

              If you're a git old-timer, note that hg pull corresponds to git fetch
              and hg fetch corresponds to git pull. I don't know why it happened this way.

              For details, see
              hg help pull
              hg help update
              hg help extensions
              (the latter will tell you which extensions are enabled, which ones are
              known but disabled, and how to enable/disable more of them)
              and (with the fetch extension enabled)
              hg help fetch

              The basic menu item, in fact the ONLY menu item, would be a food unit
              called the "patty," consisting of -- this would be guaranteed in
              writing -- "100 percent animal matter of some kind." All patties would
              be heated up and then cooled back down in electronic devices
              immediately before serving. The Breakfast Patty would be a patty on a
              bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, egg, Ba-Ko-Bits, Cheez Whiz, a Special
              Sauce made by pouring ketchup out of a bottle and a little slip of
              paper stating: "Inspected by Number 12". The Lunch or Dinner Patty
              would be any Breakfast Patties that didn't get sold in the morning.
              The Seafood Lover's Patty would be any patties that were starting to
              emit a serious aroma. Patties that were too rank even to be Seafood
              Lover's Patties would be compressed into wads and sold as "Nuggets."
              -- Dave Barry, "'Mister Mediocre' Restaurants"

            • toothpik
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                how terribly embarrassing -- according to my update.log, no!  apologies for the noise

                sc