Re: Patch 7.3.798

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
      On 01/02/13 02:48, toothpik wrote:
      > for me, version.c was not updated when I pulled this update -- I didn't
      > expect much since I don't build
      > for mzscheme, but at least version should have updated
      >
      > sc

      Neither do I (the script I source before building includes the line

      export CONF_OPT_MZSCHEME='--disable-mzschemeinterp'

      ), but for me it was. There was a change to version.c in the patch as
      published by email, and the same change is present in the Mercurial
      repository, as I just checked by doing

      hg diff -r v7-3-797 -r v7-3-798

      and scrolling to the bottom. How do you update your Vim source? (I do it
      by Mercurial, see

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial

      ). Oh, and BTW, on which OS are you? (I'm on openSUSE Linux 12.1 x86_64)

      I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

    • Cesar Romani
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        On 31/01/2013 10:36 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:

        > It also doesn't work on Windows by building with MinGW.
        > I always get:
        >
        > [...]
        > ... -freg-struct-return -s -DINCLUDE_MZSCHEME_BASE if_mzsch.c -o
        > gobjZi386/if_mzsch.o
        > if_mzsch.c: In function 'window_new':
        > if_mzsch.c:1747:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of
        assignment
        > if_mzsch.c: In function 'buffer_new':
        > if_mzsch.c:2097:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of
        assignment
        > make: *** [gobjZi386/if_mzsch.o] Error 1
        > Error by compiling gvim.exe
        >

        > What versions of gcc and Racket are you using?

        gcc 4.6.2 and mzscheme version 3m_6nc96o.
        But even with version 3m_8bh220 I'm getting the error:

        [...]
        if_mzsch.c:865:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
        futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme
        if_mzsch.c: In function 'window_new':
        if_mzsch.c:1782:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
        if_mzsch.c: In function 'buffer_new':
        if_mzsch.c:2136:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
        make: *** [gobjZi386/if_mzsch.o] Error 1
        Error by compiling gvim.exe

        Many thanks in advance,

        --
        Cesar

      • toothpik
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
          I have a script I call u that performs a

              cd ~/.build/vim/vim
              hg pull 2>&1 >> ../update.log

          I'm also on suse 12.1 -- small world

          sc

          > for me, version.c was not updated when I pulled this update -- I didn't
          > expect much since I don't build
          > for mzscheme, but at least version should have updated
          >
          > sc

          Neither do I (the script I source before building includes the line

          export CONF_OPT_MZSCHEME='--disable-mzschemeinterp'

          ), but for me it was. There was a change to version.c in the patch as published by email, and the same change is present in the Mercurial repository, as I just checked by doing

              hg diff -r v7-3-797 -r v7-3-798

          and scrolling to the bottom. How do you update your Vim source? (I do it by Mercurial, see

          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial

          ).

          Oh, and BTW, on which OS are you? (I'm on openSUSE Linux 12.1 x86_64)

          -- I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

          -- -- You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.

          --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
            Hi toothpik!

            On Fr, 01 Feb 2013, toothpik wrote:

            > I have a script I call u that performs a
            >
            >     cd ~/.build/vim/vim
            >
            >     hg pull 2>&1 >> ../update.log
            >
            > I'm also on suse 12.1 -- small world

            What does your :version show? The patch included a change to the
            version.c file (as you can see in the first mail of this thread by Bram)

            Mit freundlichen Grüßen
            Christian
            --
            Der Rhythmus hat etwas Zauberisches, sogar macht er uns glauben,
            das Erhabene gehöre uns an.

          • toothpik
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
              that was  my point:  version.c didn't get updated by my 'hg pull' so version still
              shows 797

              sc

              > I have a script I call u that performs a
              >
              >     cd ~/.build/vim/vim
              >
              >     hg pull 2>&1 >> ../update.log
              >
              > I'm also on suse 12.1 -- small world

              What does your :version show? The patch included a change to the
              version.c file (as you can see in the first mail of this thread by Bram)

              Mit freundlichen Grüßen
              Christian
              --
              Der Rhythmus hat etwas Zauberisches, sogar macht er uns glauben,
              das Erhabene gehöre uns an.

            • Ken Takata
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                Hi toothpik,

                2013/02/02 Sat 4:27:54 UTC+9 toothpik:
                > that was  my point:  version.c didn't get updated by my 'hg pull' so version still
                > shows 797

                Did you do 'hg update' after 'hg pull'?

                Thanks,
                Ken Takata

              • Tony Mechelynck
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                  On 01/02/13 20:41, Ken Takata wrote:
                  > Hi toothpik,
                  >
                  > 2013/02/02 Sat 4:27:54 UTC+9 toothpik:
                  >> that was my point: version.c didn't get updated by my 'hg pull' so version still
                  >> shows 797
                  >
                  > Did you do 'hg update' after 'hg pull'?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Ken Takata

                  Good point. "hg pull" by itself makes the new changesets known to
                  Mercurial, but changes nothing to your source codebase. To get the
                  latest source you need either

                  hg pull
                  hg update -r default

                  or (with the fetch extension enabled)

                  hg fetch

                  If you're a git old-timer, note that hg pull corresponds to git fetch
                  and hg fetch corresponds to git pull. I don't know why it happened this way.

                  For details, see
                  hg help pull
                  hg help update
                  hg help extensions
                  (the latter will tell you which extensions are enabled, which ones are
                  known but disabled, and how to enable/disable more of them)
                  and (with the fetch extension enabled)
                  hg help fetch

                  The basic menu item, in fact the ONLY menu item, would be a food unit
                  called the "patty," consisting of -- this would be guaranteed in
                  writing -- "100 percent animal matter of some kind." All patties would
                  be heated up and then cooled back down in electronic devices
                  immediately before serving. The Breakfast Patty would be a patty on a
                  bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, egg, Ba-Ko-Bits, Cheez Whiz, a Special
                  Sauce made by pouring ketchup out of a bottle and a little slip of
                  paper stating: "Inspected by Number 12". The Lunch or Dinner Patty
                  would be any Breakfast Patties that didn't get sold in the morning.
                  The Seafood Lover's Patty would be any patties that were starting to
                  emit a serious aroma. Patties that were too rank even to be Seafood
                  Lover's Patties would be compressed into wads and sold as "Nuggets."
                  -- Dave Barry, "'Mister Mediocre' Restaurants"

                • toothpik
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                    how terribly embarrassing -- according to my update.log, no!  apologies for the noise

                    sc