Re: [patch] retain visual mode for :# commands

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 27, 2013
      On Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:44:38 PM UTC+13, James McCoy wrote:

      > Not that it isn't a kosher movement, but that (I don't think) it should
      > be a valid method to extend the range of a visual selection. As I
      > stated in my earlier email, changing to cmdline mode ends visual mode.

      I kind of see your point now, but while you're in that cmdline mode, the visual selection is still displayed; it is surprising that on completion of the command line, not on entering it, is the visual selection deselected. Also, when searching, having pressed / one is in command-line mode, but the visual selection remains and is extended on a successful search.

      Regards, John

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 27, 2013
        Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Bram,
        > when visual mode is active and one is jumping to another position
        > using :<nr> visual mode is unexpectedly ended.
        >
        > Attached patch fixes this issue.

        Do we really need this? It adds an exception. Next would be jumping to
        a mark with :,'m and probably other Ex commands that only move the
        cursor.

        --
        WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous
        collective.