Vim 7.3.782 with pathogen is 2.2 crashed with seg fault

  • txp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
      Hmm, I actually posted the same thing like half an hour ago - but I guessed something went wrong...
      Anyway, I am new to vim and today I ran into a problem which could be identified as a bug by the extremely helpful people in the #vim irc channel.
      This is the situation: If I run vim with the pathogen plugin, which I integrated in my vimrc by "call pathogen#infect()", it crashes with the following output:
      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.
      Segmentation fault (core dumped)

      A user in #vim named mgedmin could narrow the problem down based on my gdb output which can be found here: http://pastebin.com/xw01MpY2 .
      He told me that I should rebuild the hole thing with --enable-multibyte. It worked perfectly, thanks again mgedmin.(my original version was build with no configure flags).
      So I am happy with the situation as it is, but the bug still exists when you use vim without --enable-multibyte.
      Vim version is 7.3.782, pathogen version is 2.2, OS is Ubuntu 64bit 12.10

    • txp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
        Ups, sorry my original topic came through now as well - with like an hour delay ;-) sorry for the double post...

      • John Beckett
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
          txp wrote:
          > Ups, sorry my original topic came through now as well - with
          > like an hour delay ;-) sorry for the double post...

          In order to avoid spam, the first message from each new
          subscriber is moderated (the message waits in a queue until
          approved by a manager). Unfortunately there is no method by
          which that can be explained when the message is posted.

          John

        • txp
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
            Ah ok, thanks for the clarification