Issue 105 in vim: netrw (v146) plugin broken in latest Vim-7.3.782

  • vim@...
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 105 by dominiqu...@...: netrw (v146) plugin broken in
      latest Vim-7.3.782

      I notice that netrw plugin v146 which comes with Vim by
      default no longer works in Vim-7.3.782. It does not open
      directory when pressing Enter on a directory.

      It started to be broken in this recent changeset 3920:c53344bacabf
      which upgraded netrw:

      Vim-7.3.716 (3920) (netrw v146) ...... broken
      Vim-7.3.715 (3919) (netrw v145) ...... OK

      I also tried to install netrw v147d
      from www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW
      but it's also broken (same bug).

      What steps will reproduce the problem?

      1. Use the following minimalistic ~/.vimrc

      $ cat ~/.vimrc
      filtype plugin on
      let g:netrw_liststyle=3

      2. Run vim with: vim ~/

      3. Move cursor to a directory and press Enter.
      Observe than directory is not opened.
      with Vim-7.3.782. Directory was opened
      with older Vim (<= 7.3.715, netrw v145)

      Vim should open directory when pressing Enter
      but instead nothing happens.

      Vim-7.3.782 (huge, gtk2) on Linux-x86_64.

    • sc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
        On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 05:08:53PM +0000, vim@... wrote:
        > Owner: ----
        > Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

        > New issue 105 by dominiqu...@...: netrw (v146) plugin broken
        > in latest Vim-7.3.782
        > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=105

        > I notice that netrw plugin v146 which comes with Vim by
        > default no longer works in Vim-7.3.782. It does not open
        > directory when pressing Enter on a directory.

        > It started to be broken in this recent changeset 3920:c53344bacabf
        > which upgraded netrw:

        > Vim-7.3.716 (3920) (netrw v146) ...... broken
        > Vim-7.3.715 (3919) (netrw v145) ...... OK

        > I also tried to install netrw v147d
        > from www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW
        > but it's also broken (same bug).

        > What steps will reproduce the problem?

        > 1. Use the following minimalistic ~/.vimrc

        > $ cat ~/.vimrc
        > filtype plugin on
        > let g:netrw_liststyle=3

        > 2. Run vim with: vim ~/

        > 3. Move cursor to a directory and press Enter.
        > Observe than directory is not opened.
        > with Vim-7.3.782. Directory was opened
        > with older Vim (<= 7.3.715, netrw v145)

        > What is the expected output? What do you see instead?

        > Vim should open directory when pressing Enter
        > but instead nothing happens.

        following your instructions I get an error message here:
        Illegal filename "~/"

        > What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?

        > Vim-7.3.782 (huge, gtk2) on Linux-x86_64.

        the only difference here is my vim is big

        sc

      • vim@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11 12:37 PM
          Comment #1 on issue 105 by drc...@...: netrw (v146) plugin
          broken in latest Vim-7.3.782

          This problem has been fixed and is currently available at my website:

          http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW (v147e)

          A few more things on my list for netrw before I submit it to Bram M. for
          general distribution.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11 12:39 PM
            Updates:

            Comment #2 on issue 105 by drc...@...: netrw (v146) plugin