Getting Started in Vim Development

  • vaibhav agarwal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
      I have recently started going through the Vim Source code and have now got comfortable with the overall structure of the code. But now, I would like to know how I could help contribute in the development of Vim. I don't have any features/ideas that I would like to add. I tried looking at vim home site for some bug-list or something similar that I could look at.

      Is there something easy to begin with? Something to get started.

      Thanks

      Vaibhav

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
        On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:08:27 AM UTC-6, vaibhav agarwal wrote:
        > I have recently started going through the Vim Source code and have now got comfortable with the overall structure of the code. But now, I would like to know how I could help contribute in the development of Vim. I don't have any features/ideas that I would like to add. I tried looking at vim home site for some bug-list or something similar that I could look at.
        >
        > Is there something easy to begin with? Something to get started.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Vaibhav

        :help todo has plenty of documented bugs to fix or features to implement.

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hi Ben!

          On Mi, 02 Jan 2013, Ben Fritz wrote:

          > On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:08:27 AM UTC-6, vaibhav agarwal wrote:
          > > I have recently started going through the Vim Source code and have now got comfortable with the overall structure of the code. But now, I would like to know how I could help contribute in the development of Vim. I don't have any features/ideas that I would like to add. I tried looking at vim home site for some bug-list or something similar that I could look at.
          > >
          > > Is there something easy to begin with? Something to get started.
          > >

          > :help todo has plenty of documented bugs to fix or features to implement.

          Also, read this list or vim-use carfully. Every once in a while, bugs
          are mentioned, which need to be fixed (or special behaviour that needs
          to be documented).

          Mit freundlichen Grüßen
          Christian
          --
          Wer gegen den Strom schwimmen will, muß einiges schlucken können.