Re: getbufvar(), getwinvar(), gettabvar(), gettabwinvar() cannot set default value

  • Shougo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013

      > I wrote a test code. and found small bugs. I fixed this.
      > ({def} may set only valid {bufnr}, {winnr}, {tabnr} spcified.)
      > (gettabver(1, '', 'def') and gettabver(1, '&nu', 'def') should not return `def`.)
      > Attach a patch. (test89 added and code modified)
      > Please check.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > --
      > Hirohito Higashi

      Thank you for your modification. I think it is good.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2013
        Hirohito Higashi wrote:

        > Hi, Bram, Shougo and list.
        >
        > 2013/1/1(Tue) 13:02:14 UTC+9 Shougo:
        > > > Thanks, this looks useful.
        > > >
        > > > Instead of manual testing, it would be useful to have the tests in
        > > > src/testdir. Vim is getting more and more complex, it's good to test
        > > > every feature.
        > >
        > > Thank you for the reply. I can add test script but I don't know how
        > > to make test script for Vim source code.
        >
        > I wrote a test code. and found small bugs. I fixed this.
        > ({def} may set only valid {bufnr}, {winnr}, {tabnr} spcified.)
        > (gettabver(1, '', 'def') and gettabver(1, '&nu', 'def') should not return `def`.)
        > Attach a patch. (test89 added and code modified)
        > Please check.

        Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.

      • h_east
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
          Hi Bram

          2013/1/3(Thu) 1:50:25 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
          > Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.

          Thanks for adding todo list.
          But original patch author is forgotten.

          todo.txt : 93
          Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Hirohito Higashi, 2013 Jan 1)

          Please fix this as:
          Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Shougo Matsushita, Hirohito Higashi, 2013 Jan 1)

          Best Regards,
          Hirohito Higashi

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
            Hirohito Higashi wrote:

            > 2013/1/3(Thu) 1:50:25 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
            > > Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.
            >
            > Thanks for adding todo list.
            > But original patch author is forgotten.
            >
            > todo.txt : 93
            > Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Hirohito Higashi,
            > 2013 Jan 1)
            >
            > Please fix this as:
            > Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Shougo Matsushita,
            > Hirohito Higashi, 2013 Jan 1)

            The todo list has the name of the person who sent the patch. That's how
            I can find it again. But it's good to have the name of the original
            patch author, I might forget.

            --
            There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.