Re: getbufvar(), getwinvar(), gettabvar(), gettabwinvar() cannot set default value

  • h_east
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi, Bram, Shougo and list.

      2013/1/1(Tue) 13:02:14 UTC+9 Shougo:
      > > Thanks, this looks useful.
      > >

      > > Instead of manual testing, it would be useful to have the tests in
      > >
      > > src/testdir. Vim is getting more and more complex, it's good to test
      > >
      > > every feature.
      > >

      > Thank you for the reply. I can add test script but I don't know how to make test script for Vim source code.

      I wrote a test code. and found small bugs. I fixed this.
      ({def} may set only valid {bufnr}, {winnr}, {tabnr} spcified.)
      (gettabver(1, '', 'def') and gettabver(1, '&nu', 'def') should not return `def`.)
      Attach a patch. (test89 added and code modified)
      Please check.

      Hirohito Higashi

    • Shougo
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013

        > I wrote a test code. and found small bugs. I fixed this.
        > ({def} may set only valid {bufnr}, {winnr}, {tabnr} spcified.)
        > (gettabver(1, '', 'def') and gettabver(1, '&nu', 'def') should not return `def`.)
        > Attach a patch. (test89 added and code modified)
        > Please check.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > --
        > Hirohito Higashi

        Thank you for your modification. I think it is good.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hirohito Higashi wrote:

          > Hi, Bram, Shougo and list.
          >
          > 2013/1/1(Tue) 13:02:14 UTC+9 Shougo:
          > > > Thanks, this looks useful.
          > > >
          > > > Instead of manual testing, it would be useful to have the tests in
          > > > src/testdir. Vim is getting more and more complex, it's good to test
          > > > every feature.
          > >
          > > Thank you for the reply. I can add test script but I don't know how
          > > to make test script for Vim source code.
          >
          > I wrote a test code. and found small bugs. I fixed this.
          > ({def} may set only valid {bufnr}, {winnr}, {tabnr} spcified.)
          > (gettabver(1, '', 'def') and gettabver(1, '&nu', 'def') should not return `def`.)
          > Attach a patch. (test89 added and code modified)
          > Please check.

          Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.

        • h_east
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
            Hi Bram

            2013/1/3(Thu) 1:50:25 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
            > Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.

            Thanks for adding todo list.
            But original patch author is forgotten.

            todo.txt : 93
            Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Hirohito Higashi, 2013 Jan 1)

            Please fix this as:
            Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Shougo Matsushita, Hirohito Higashi, 2013 Jan 1)

            Best Regards,
            Hirohito Higashi

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
              Hirohito Higashi wrote:

              > 2013/1/3(Thu) 1:50:25 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
              > > Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.
              >
              > Thanks for adding todo list.
              > But original patch author is forgotten.
              >
              > todo.txt : 93
              > Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Hirohito Higashi,
              > 2013 Jan 1)
              >
              > Please fix this as:
              > Patch to add default value to getbufvar() et al. (Shougo Matsushita,
              > Hirohito Higashi, 2013 Jan 1)

              The todo list has the name of the person who sent the patch. That's how
              I can find it again. But it's good to have the name of the original
              patch author, I might forget.

              --
              There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.