gf - incorrect behaviour

  • Dimitar DIMITROV
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012
      Hi all,

      I think the following might (I am testing with Vim 7.3.409) be a bug:

      command vim -nNX -u NONE
      then insert: bla:///path/to/file
      then, with cursor being on p, use gf
      It tries to open bla:///path/to/file although : is not in 'isf and bla:/// isn't a protocol

      Dimitar

      ---
      GPG Key: 2048R/160C6FA8 2012-10-11 Dimitar Dimitrov (kurkale6ka) <mitkofr@...>

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
        Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I think the following might (I am testing with Vim 7.3.409) be a bug:
        >
        > command vim -nNX -u NONE
        > then insert: bla:///path/to/file
        > then, with cursor being on p, use gf
        > It tries to open bla:///path/to/file although : is not in 'isf and bla:/// =
        > isn't a protocol

        I haven't checked the sources but I think this is hard coded.
        It's intentional that this does not depend in 'isfname', so that things
        like http:// work with the default 'isfname' value.

        Is this really a problem?

        208. Your goals for the future are obtaining an T1 connection and
        a 130 gig hard drive.

      • Dimitar DIMITROV
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I think the following might (I am testing with Vim 7.3.409) be a bug:
          > >
          > > command vim -nNX -u NONE
          > > then insert: bla:///path/to/file
          > > then, with cursor being on p, use gf
          > > It tries to open bla:///path/to/file although : is not in 'isf and bla:/// =
          > > isn't a protocol
          >
          > I haven't checked the sources but I think this is hard coded.
          > It's intentional that this does not depend in 'isfname', so that things
          > like http:// work with the default 'isfname' value.
          >
          > Is this really a problem?

          It's an issue with puppet code which uses paths like:
          puppet:///modules/module_name/my_file that maps to real paths like
          $base_path/modules/module_name/files/my_file
          I wanted to be able to use gf with 'inex in order to be able to open 'my_file'
          this is the 'inex I was trying to use: set includeexpr=substitute(v:fname,'modules/.\\{-1,}/\zs','files/','')

          If puppet is the only language using this kind of paths, no, this is not a real issue

          208. Your goals for the future are obtaining an T1 connection and
              a 130 gig hard drive.

          /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net  \\\
          ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
          \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
          \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///

        • ZyX
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
            воскресенье, 30 декабря 2012 г., 3:38:19 UTC+4 пользователь Dimitar DIMITROV написал:
            > > > Hi all,
            >

            > > > I think the following might (I am testing with Vim 7.3.409) be a bug:
            > > >
            > > > command vim -nNX -u NONE
            > > > then insert: bla:///path/to/file
            > > > then, with cursor being on p, use gf
            > > > It tries to open bla:///path/to/file although : is not in 'isf and bla:/// =
            > > > isn't a protocol
            > >
            > > I haven't checked the sources but I think this is hard coded.
            > > It's intentional that this does not depend in 'isfname', so that things
            > > like http:// work with the default 'isfname' value.
            > >
            > > Is this really a problem?
            >
            > It's an issue with puppet code which uses
            > paths like:
            > puppet:///modules/module_name/my_file that maps to real paths like
            > $base_path/modules/module_name/files/my_file
            > I wanted to be able to use gf with 'inex in order to be able to open 'my_file'
            > this is the 'inex I was trying to use: set includeexpr=substitute(v:fname,'modules/.\\{-1,}/\zs','files/','')
            >
            > If puppet is the only language using this kind of paths, no, this is not a real issue

            As a workaround you can open this with "gf" if you setup an autocmd:

            augroup PuppetProto
            autocmd! BufReadCmd puppet://* :exe 'e'.(v:cmdbang?'!':'') v:cmdarg fnameescape($base_path.expand('<amatch>')[9:])
            autocmd! BufWriteCmd puppet://* :exe 'w'.(v:cmdbang?'!':'') v:cmdarg fnameescape($base_path.expand('<amatch>')[9:])
            augroup END