Re: Any spam from admin@139.com at vim_dev?

  • lilydjwg
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 22, 2012
      I haven't got spams from those addresses.

      On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 01:53:39PM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
      > Sorry. Here's more detail. The bottom line is that both spam
      > messages were in response to messages I sent to vim_use. I have no
      > record of receiving any in response to messages sent to vim_dev, but
      > I deleted a number of those 139.com messages.

      @... is what China Mobile uses. And that seems to be the same kind
      that I once received from other mail addresses sent to other lists (the
      host name in 'From:' or 'Sender:' mail header of the spams is owned by
      Tencent company). These seem to be auto-reply mails configured by some
      careless users. AFAIK, nobody has ever successfully contracted with the

      > One message had a date line of
      > Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 23:09:18 +0800 (CST)
      > the body was only HTML, the subject line and body were mostly
      > Chinese except for my name and this snippet in ASCII:

      Would you like to post the Chinese text if you want to know more?

      > 13657854020@... Re: vim: who/where/when set my ft?

      The user name part is the mobile phone number :D (prefix it with +86 if
      not calling from China mainland).

      > [...]

      Many Chinese mail service providers never seem to know how a mail list
      works, and they continously annoy me, either by auto replies, or replies
      without 'In-Reply-To' header. And later some intelligent phone MUAs have
      joined this group. Sigh...

      Best regards,

      Linux Vim Python 我的博客:
      A: Because it obfuscates the reading.