Re: Issue 96 in vim: Use of memory after free when pasting in read-only file using Perforce plugin

  • vim@googlecode.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
      Comment #3 on issue 96 by dominiqu...@...: Use of memory after free
      when pasting in read-only file using Perforce plugin

      I found that this bug only happens when I have this line in my ~/.virmc:

      :set clipboard=unnamedplus,autoselect,exclude:cons\|linux

      I had recently added this line in my ~/.vimrc (and then forgot about it)
      because I tried to reproduce a bug with yankring intentioned here:

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_dev/Hgrb2O4A7yQ

      That explains why I only started to see several crashes in the last few
      days.

      So this setting of 'clipboard' not only causes a bug with yankring (plugin
      which I'm not using) but also creates a bug with the perforce-4.1 plugin
      (plugin which I'm using).

      I'll try later when I find time to find a minimalistic ~/.vimrc to
      reproduce this bug and will try to reproduce it without any plugin if
      possible.

    • vim@googlecode.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
        Updates:

        Comment #4 on issue 96 by brammool...@...: Use of memory after free
        when pasting in read-only file using Perforce plugin

        Please check if patch 7.3.757 solves this problem.

      • vim@googlecode.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
          Comment #5 on issue 96 by dominiqu...@...: Use of memory after free

          Bram wrote:

          > Please check if patch 7.3.757 solves this problem.

          Yes, it fixes it. Thanks!

        • vim@googlecode.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
            Updates:

            Comment #6 on issue 96 by brammool...@...: Use of memory after free
            when pasting in read-only file using Perforce plugin

          • David Fishburn
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012

              On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM, <vim@...> wrote:
              Updates:

              Comment #6 on issue 96 by brammool...@...: Use of memory after free when pasting in read-only file using Perforce plugin

              I will attempt to reproduce the issue with the YankRing, and then try it with this patch.  But so far I haven't been able to reliably reproduce the crash.

              David