Re: Incomplete :echo output in autocmds

  • glts
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hi Christian,

      On Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:06:20 PM UTC+1, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > Hm, strange, but if you define
      > :command! Echo redraw | echo "First line \nSecond line"
      > it does not get truncated. So this is at least a workaround.

      A poor workaround, unfortunately. It works with :echo but not with
      :echomsg, and it isn't possible to highlight the lines (or part of a
      line) differently.

      I would look into this myself, but honestly I don't know where to start
      because messages and autocommands don't seem to have anything to do with
      one another ...

      glts