Re: [doc] align columns when :set conceallevel=2

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012
      Dominique Pelle wrote:

      > Ken Takata wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > 2012/06/03 Sun 22:38:35 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
      > >> Hi Bram and Dominique,

      > >> OK, I will wait the change of the Tab behavior.
      > >> If I found misalignments after the change, I will send a new patch.
      > >>
      > >> E.g. +feature-list (various.txt) isn't aligned when either cole=0 nor cole=2.
      > >
      > > I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
      > > changed in 7.3.748.
      > > Here is an updated patch.
      > >
      > > Best regards,
      > > Ken Takata
      >
      > Thanks. There might still be a few places in help files where
      > things are misaligned even after patch 7.3.748. But the problem
      > is not in conceal code any more and it's also rare. It now only
      > happens because a few help files mix spaces and tabs
      > inconsistently causing misalignments with conceallevel=3
      > vs conceallevel=0.
      >
      > Attached patch fixes such a misalignment in ":help help".

      Thanks, I'll include it

      --
      FIXME and XXX are two common keywords used to mark broken or incomplete code
      not only since XXX as a sex reference would grab everybody's attention but

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 30, 2013
        Hi,

        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Dominique Pelle wrote:
        >
        > > Ken Takata wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hi,

        > > > I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
        > > > changed in 7.3.748.
        > > > Here is an updated patch.
        > > >
        > > > Best regards,
        > > > Ken Takata
        > >
        > > Thanks. There might still be a few places in help files where
        > > things are misaligned even after patch 7.3.748. But the problem
        > > is not in conceal code any more and it's also rare. It now only
        > > happens because a few help files mix spaces and tabs
        > > inconsistently causing misalignments with conceallevel=3
        > > vs conceallevel=0.
        > >
        > > Attached patch fixes such a misalignment in ":help help".
        >
        > Thanks, I'll include it

        I found another misalignment in the help files.
        Attached patch fixes it.

        Thanks,
        Ken Takata

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 30, 2013
          Ken Takata wrote:

          > I found another misalignment in the help files.
          > Attached patch fixes it.

          I'll include it, thanks!

          --
          FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
          LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.

        • Ken Takata
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2013
            Hi Bram,

            2013/01/31 Thu 0:55:08 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Ken Takata wrote:
            >
            > > I found another misalignment in the help files.
            > > Attached patch fixes it.
            >
            > I'll include it, thanks!

            Sorry for inconvenience. I found misalignment again.
            fix-alignment-2.patch fixes it.

            However misalignment still remains in quickref.txt because of
            mixing spaces and tabs. Maybe it cannot be fix perfectly,
            but can be better. fix-alignment-3.patch is a patch for that.

            Thanks,
            Ken Takata

          • Ken Takata
            Message 5 of 17 , May 7, 2013
              Hi,

              2013/02/05 Tue 2:00:01 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
              > Hi Bram,
              >
              > 2013/01/31 Thu 0:55:08 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
              >
              > > Ken Takata wrote:
              > >
              > > > I found another misalignment in the help files.
              > > > Attached patch fixes it.
              > >
              > > I'll include it, thanks!
              >
              > Sorry for inconvenience. I found misalignment again.
              > fix-alignment-2.patch fixes it.
              >
              > However misalignment still remains in quickref.txt because of
              > mixing spaces and tabs. Maybe it cannot be fix perfectly,
              > but can be better. fix-alignment-3.patch is a patch for that.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ken Takata

              Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
              Please check it.

              Thanks,
              Ken Takata

              Message 6 of 17 , May 7, 2013
                Ken Takata wrote:

                > 2013/02/05 Tue 2:00:01 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
                > > Hi Bram,

                > > > I'll include it, thanks!
                > >
                > > Sorry for inconvenience. I found misalignment again.
                > > fix-alignment-2.patch fixes it.
                > >
                > > However misalignment still remains in quickref.txt because of
                > > mixing spaces and tabs. Maybe it cannot be fix perfectly,
                > > but can be better. fix-alignment-3.patch is a patch for that.
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Ken Takata
                >
                > Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                > Please check it.

                Included, thanks.

                --
                Linux is just like a wigwam: no Windows, no Gates and an Apache inside.

              • Ken Takata
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 5, 2013
                  Hi,

                  2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                  > Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                  > Please check it.

                  Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                  for misalignment. Please check it.

                  Thanks,
                  Ken Takata

                • Dominique PellĂ©
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 5, 2013
                    Ken Takata wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > 2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                    >> Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                    >> Please check it.
                    >
                    > Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                    > for misalignment. Please check it.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Ken Takata

                    Hi

                    The line describing :bprevious in quickref.txt:1335
                    also looks well aligned with conceallevel=0 but
                    misaligned with conceallevel=2.

                    Fixed in attached patch.

                    Regards
                    Dominique

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 6, 2013
                      Ken Takata wrote:

                      > 2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                      > > Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                      > > Please check it.
                      >
                      > Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                      > for misalignment. Please check it.

                      Thanks!

                      --
                      [Another hideous roar.]
                      BEDEVERE: That's it!

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 6, 2013
                        Dominique Pelle wrote:

                        > Ken Takata wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi,
                        > >
                        > > 2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                        > >> Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                        > >> Please check it.
                        > >
                        > > Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                        > > for misalignment. Please check it.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > > Ken Takata
                        >
                        > Hi
                        >
                        > The line describing :bprevious in quickref.txt:1335
                        > also looks well aligned with conceallevel=0 but
                        > misaligned with conceallevel=2.
                        >
                        > Fixed in attached patch.

                        Thanks.

                        --
                        Dreams are free, but there's a small charge for alterations.