Re: Small change to support Visual Studio 2012 Update 1

  • skeept
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
      Hi Raymond,

      On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:01:26 PM UTC-5, Raymond Ko wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > Attached is a small change to support the newest NMAKE introduced by Visual Studio 2012 Update 1. I have tested it and VIM seems to compile fine.

      I updated visual studio yesterday and temporarily added MSVCVER=11.0 in the command line in order to be able to compile, would have worked with this patch.

      How about Win32.Mak? Does compiling vim work without copying this file to the vim source dir? In my case I had to go to the old visual studio 2010 folder and copy that file, because somehow it wasn't present when I installed visual studio 2012 (ultimate).

      Thanks!

    • Raymond Ko
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
        On Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:35:34 AM UTC-5, skeept wrote:
        > Hi Raymond,
        >
        > On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:01:26 PM UTC-5, Raymond Ko wrote:
        > > Hello all,
        > >
        > > Attached is a small change to support the newest NMAKE introduced by Visual Studio 2012 Update 1. I have tested it and VIM seems to compile fine.
        >

        > I updated visual studio yesterday and temporarily added MSVCVER=11.0 in the command line in order to be able to compile, would have worked with this patch.
        >
        > How about Win32.Mak? Does compiling vim work without copying this file to the vim source dir? In my case I had to go to the old visual studio 2010 folder and copy that file, because somehow it wasn't present when I installed visual studio 2012 (ultimate).
        >
        > Thanks!

        I had encountered the same problem before, and the solution adopted in 7.3.666 is mentioned (which is somewhat hidden I must admit) in Make_mvc.mak line 18, which is to set an SDK_INCLUDE_DIR variable, such as:

        SDK_INCLUDE_DIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include"

        for 64 bit. So I don't forget, I use a batch file to compile:
        https://bitbucket.org/rko/vim/src/5e5285bfe982bfc5dbf5dce3a3541b0d3b8f22e7/src/_msvc.bat?at=default

        I wonder why Microsoft didn't do this somewhere by default. Maybe to push Metro ;-) ?

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
          Raymond Ko wrote:

          > Attached is a small change to support the newest NMAKE introduced by
          > Visual Studio 2012 Update 1. I have tested it and VIM seems to compile
          > fine.

          I'll include it, thanks.

          --
          Amnesia is one of my favorite words, but I forgot what it means.