Re: [patch] Add [stay] argument to :function which, used with [range], preserves the cursor position

  • So8res
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 5, 2012

      > I don't like "stay", but can't think of something better right now.
      >
      > Perhaps "keepline"?

      How do you feel about using 'range!' (with a bang) instead?

      It would keep the :function argument space more concise, and would only be usable with 'range', both of which are nice. However, there's no precedent (that I can find) for command arguments having bangs.

    • So8res
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 11, 2013
        On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:13:17 AM UTC-8, So8res wrote:

        > > I don't like "stay", but can't think of something better right now.
        > >
        > > Perhaps "keepline"?
        > >

        > How do you feel about using 'range!' (with a bang) instead?
        >
        > It would keep the :function argument space more concise, and would only be usable with 'range', both of which are nice. However, there's no precedent (that I can find) for command arguments having bangs.

        Any word on getting a variant of range functions that don't move the cursorline? This still bites me occasionally.