Re: Compiling vim with latest Racket fails

  • Cesar Romani
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
      On 02/12/2012 07:25 a.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:
      >> I'm building vim 7.3.744 on Windows 7 with MinGW. By compiling it with
      >> Racket 5.3.1 I get:
      >
      > My comment about Make_cyg applies to Make_ming as well. You need to
      > patch a Racket header file and use my patch for Vim.

      After applying your patch and patching the Racket header I get:

      -------------------
      [...]
      if_mzsch.c:848:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
      futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme
      if_mzsch.c: In function 'window_new':
      if_mzsch.c:1737:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
      if_mzsch.c: In function 'buffer_new':
      if_mzsch.c:2087:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
      make: *** [gobjZi386/if_mzsch.o] Error 1
      Error by compiling gvim.exe
      -------------------

      Cesar

    • Sergey Khorev
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
        > if_mzsch.c:848:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
        > futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme

        Default Racket garbage collector (3m) doesn't support dynamic loading
        of dlls. For your reference this is how I build Vim with the latest
        Racket.

        mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes
        MZSCHEME=c:/Develop/Racket DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_8bh220
        MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes
        MZSCHEME_USE_RACKET=yes

      • Cesar Romani
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2012
          On 04/12/2012 10:24 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:
          >> if_mzsch.c:848:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
          >> futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme
          >
          > Default Racket garbage collector (3m) doesn't support dynamic loading
          > of dlls. For your reference this is how I build Vim with the latest
          > Racket.
          >
          > mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes
          > MZSCHEME=c:/Develop/Racket DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_8bh220
          > MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes
          > MZSCHEME_USE_RACKET=yes

          Thanks, it works but you need to have libracket3m_8bh220.dll on your
          path.

          Cesar

        • Sergey Khorev
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2012
            > Thanks, it works but you need to have libracket3m_8bh220.dll on your
            > path.

            That's correct. Racket 5.x dlls cannot be loaded dynamically. You need
            version 4.x (or earlier) built with conservative garbage collector
            (CGC)