Re: Compiling vim with latest Racket fails

  • Sergey Khorev
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2012
      > I'm building vim 7.3.744 on Windows 7 with MinGW. By compiling it with
      > Racket 5.3.1 I get:

      My comment about Make_cyg applies to Make_ming as well. You need to
      patch a Racket header file and use my patch for Vim.

    • Cesar Romani
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
        On 02/12/2012 07:25 a.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:
        >> I'm building vim 7.3.744 on Windows 7 with MinGW. By compiling it with
        >> Racket 5.3.1 I get:
        >
        > My comment about Make_cyg applies to Make_ming as well. You need to
        > patch a Racket header file and use my patch for Vim.

        After applying your patch and patching the Racket header I get:

        -------------------
        [...]
        if_mzsch.c:848:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
        futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme
        if_mzsch.c: In function 'window_new':
        if_mzsch.c:1737:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
        if_mzsch.c: In function 'buffer_new':
        if_mzsch.c:2087:21: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
        make: *** [gobjZi386/if_mzsch.o] Error 1
        Error by compiling gvim.exe
        -------------------

        Cesar

      • Sergey Khorev
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
          > if_mzsch.c:848:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
          > futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme

          Default Racket garbage collector (3m) doesn't support dynamic loading
          of dlls. For your reference this is how I build Vim with the latest
          Racket.

          mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes
          MZSCHEME=c:/Develop/Racket DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_8bh220
          MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes
          MZSCHEME_USE_RACKET=yes

        • Cesar Romani
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2012
            On 04/12/2012 10:24 p.m., Sergey Khorev wrote:
            >> if_mzsch.c:848:4: error: #error Precise GC v.4+ or Racket with
            >> futures/places do not support dynamic MzScheme
            >
            > Default Racket garbage collector (3m) doesn't support dynamic loading
            > of dlls. For your reference this is how I build Vim with the latest
            > Racket.
            >
            > mingw32-make -f Make_ming.mak GUI=yes CSCOPE=yes
            > MZSCHEME=c:/Develop/Racket DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME=no MZSCHEME_VER=3m_8bh220
            > MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes MZSCHEME_PRECISE_GC=yes
            > MZSCHEME_USE_RACKET=yes

            Thanks, it works but you need to have libracket3m_8bh220.dll on your
            path.

            Cesar

          • Sergey Khorev
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2012
              > Thanks, it works but you need to have libracket3m_8bh220.dll on your
              > path.

              That's correct. Racket 5.x dlls cannot be loaded dynamically. You need
              version 4.x (or earlier) built with conservative garbage collector
              (CGC)