Re: Reproducibility of test61

  • Dan Kegel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012
      On Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:30:56 PM UTC-7, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > James Vega wrote:
      >
      > > Given that test61 is intended to verify the functionality of the undo
      > > tree, it's inherently time sensitive. This test sporadically
      > > fails[0][1][2] during the automated build of the Debian package,
      >
      > Can you mark the test as flaky, so that it's run more than once and
      > considered OK if it passes at least once?

      I'm seeing it failing here; out of 28 runs, it failed once.
      (This is on a buildbot I set up while writing a buildbot tutorial.)

      Does vim's test harness have a way of marking tests flaky?
      - Dan

    • James McCoy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012

        On Nov 28, 2012 10:46 PM, "Dan Kegel" <daniel.r.kegel@gmail.com> wrote:

        > On Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:30:56 PM UTC-7, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > James Vega wrote:
        > >
        > > > Given that test61 is intended to verify the functionality of the undo
        > > > tree, it's inherently time sensitive.  This test sporadically
        > > > fails[0][1][2] during the automated build of the Debian package,
        > >
        > > Can you mark the test as flaky, so that it's run more than once and
        > > considered OK if it passes at least once?
        >
        > I'm seeing it failing here; out of 28 runs, it failed once.
        > (This is on a buildbot I set up while writing a buildbot tutorial.)
        >
        > Does vim's test harness have a way of marking tests flaky?

        Not currently. For Debian's packaging, if "make test" fails solely due to test61, I treat it as a pass.

        http://anonscm.debian.org/hg/pkg-vim/vim/diff/f5732cba4dfd/debian/rules

        Cheers,
        --
        James