Re: Can't compile latest Vim using Make_cyg.mak

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012
      Hi Bram,

      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Looking at Make_mvc.mak, the extra directories are only used when the
      > Ruby version is 1.9 or later. Not for 1.8.

      Oh, I didn't notice that.
      How about this patch?

      Thanks,
      Ken Takata

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012
        Hi Bram,

        Ken Takata wrote:
        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Looking at Make_mvc.mak, the extra directories are only used when the
        > > Ruby version is 1.9 or later. Not for 1.8.
        >
        > Oh, I didn't notice that.
        > How about this patch?

        And I think this is the same for Make_ming.mak.

        Thanks,
        Ken Takata

      • Ken Takata
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012
          Hi Christian,

          2012/11/23 Fri 11:50:49 UTC+9 Heptite:

          > And yet I still get the undefined reference to _pow error, regardless
          > of which version of gcc I use.

          Hmm, strange.
          The symbol _pow is usually defined in a library libmsvcrt.a which
          is linked by default.
          Can you compile a program just using pow()?

          For example:
          $ cat a.c
          #include <math.h>
          int main()
          {
          return (int) pow(2, 3);
          }

          $ i686-pc-mingw32-gcc a.c (or gcc-3 -mno-cygwin a.c)

          $ ./a; echo $?
          8

          Thanks,
          Ken Takata

        • Christian J. Robinson
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 24, 2012
            On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, Ken Takata wrote:

            > Can you compile a program just using pow()?
            >
            > For example:
            > $ cat a.c
            > #include <math.h>
            > int main()
            > {
            > return (int) pow(2, 3);
            > }
            >
            > $ i686-pc-mingw32-gcc a.c (or gcc-3 -mno-cygwin a.c)
            >
            > $ ./a; echo $?
            > 8

            Yes, this works fine.

            Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...> http://christianrobinson.name/