Re: Update for MzScheme interface

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 23, 2012
      Sergey Khorev wrote:

> [...]
      > >> SCHEME_COLLECTS=lib/plt/
      > >> else
      > >> if test -d $vi_cv_path_mzscheme_pfx/lib/racket/collects; then
      > >> SCHEME_COLLECTS=lib/racket/
      > >> else
      > >> if test -d $vi_cv_path_mzscheme_pfx/share/racket/collects; then
      > >> SCHEME_COLLECTS=share/racket/
      > >> fi
      > >> fi
      > >> fi
      > >> if test -f "${vi_cv_path_mzscheme_pfx}/${SCHEME_COLLECTS}collects/scheme/base.ss"
      > >> ; then
      > >> MZSCHEME_EXTRA="mzscheme_base.c"
      > >> else
      > >> if test -f
      > >> "${vi_cv_path_mzscheme_pfx}/${SCHEME_COLLECTS}collects/scheme/base.rkt"
      > >> ; then
      > >> MZSCHEME_EXTRA="mzscheme_base.c"
      > >> fi
      > >> fi
      > >> if test "X$MZSCHEME_EXTRA" != "X" ; then
      > >> dnl need to generate bytecode for MzScheme base
      > >> MZSCHEME_CFLAGS="${MZSCHEME_CFLAGS} -DINCLUDE_MZSCHEME_BASE"
      > >> MZSCHEME_MZC="${vi_cv_path_mzscheme_pfx}/bin/mzc"
      > >> fi
      > >> ---
      > >>
      > >> and then this code in Makefile is triggered with
      > >> -DINCLUDE_MZSCHEME_BASE making it include mzscheme_base.c
      > >> ---
      > >> objects/if_mzsch.o: if_mzsch.c $(MZSCHEME_EXTRA)
      > >> $(CCC) -o $@ $(MZSCHEME_CFLAGS_EXTRA) if_mzsch.c
      > >>
      > >> mzscheme_base.c:
      > >> $(MZSCHEME_MZC) --c-mods mzscheme_base.c ++lib scheme/base
      > >> ---
      > >
      > > Configure never defines INCLUDE_MZSCHEME_BASE, right? Thus in this
      > > code:
      > >
      > > /* need to put it here for dynamic stuff to work */
      > > #if defined(INCLUDE_MZSCHEME_BASE)
      > > # include "mzscheme_base.c"
      > > #elif MZSCHEME_VERSION_MAJOR >= 400
      > > # error MzScheme 4.x must include mzscheme_base.c, for MinGW32 you need to define MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE=yes
      > > #endif
      > >

      > > When MZSCHEME_VERSION_MAJOR is 400 or larger, it will fail.
      > >
      > > What MzScheme pacakge do you have installed? I could not find anything
      > > for "mzscheme" so I installed plt-scheme with racket, version 5.2.1
      >
      > I installed just racket package. If your installation was upgraded
      > from an earlier version, can you check if you still have
      > /usr/lib/racket/collects directory? At some point in time, Debian
      > changed collects directory from /usr/lib/racket/collects to
      > /usr/share/racket/collects
      >
      > The logic of configure is as follows: supposing mzscheme executable
      > was found in {pfx} it tries to check if {pfx}/lib/collects exists. If
      > so, it assumes it is the main directory for collections. Otherwise it
      > tries {pfx}/share/collects.
      > Then it checks if scheme/base.ss or scheme/base.rkt exist. If found,
      > it assumes we need to generate mzscheme_base.c and defines
      > MZSCHEME_EXTRA and adds -DINCLUDE_MZSCHEME_BASE to MZSCHEME_CFLAGS
      >
      > Apparently it found /usr/lib/racket/collects on your system but the

      No, the directory is /share/collects. Configure doesn't find it. I
      have changed configure.in and now it seems to work. I'll do some more
      checks and send out the patch.

      --
      Keyboard not found. Think ENTER to continue.

    • Sergey Khorev
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 23, 2012
        > No, the directory is /share/collects. Configure doesn't find it. I
        > have changed configure.in and now it seems to work. I'll do some more
        > checks and send out the patch.

        Thanks. Your variant worked for me as well.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 23, 2013
          Sergey -

          You sent me a patch two months ago. Did you make an update since then?
          Please send me the patch again to make sure it works with the current
          source code.

          - Bram

          --
          FATHER: Did you kill all those guards?
          LAUNCELOT: Yes ... I'm very sorry ...

        • Sergey Khorev
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 28, 2013
            Hi Bram

            On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

            You sent me a patch two months ago.  Did you make an update since then?
            Please send me the patch again to make sure it works with the current
            source code.

            Here is an updated patch. As of another issue with messages on stderr when Vim creates a process, this will be fixed in later Racket versions.

            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 28, 2013
              Sergey Khorev wrote:

              > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
              >

              > > You sent me a patch two months ago. Did you make an update since then?
              > > Please send me the patch again to make sure it works with the current
              > > source code.
              >

              > Here is an updated patch. As of another issue with messages on stderr when
              > Vim creates a process, this will be fixed in later Racket versions.

              Thanks. I'll try out this patch soon.

              --
              ARTHUR: Be quiet!
              DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause

              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 30, 2013
                Sergey Khorev wrote:

                > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
                >

                > > You sent me a patch two months ago. Did you make an update since then?
                > > Please send me the patch again to make sure it works with the current
                > > source code.
                >

                > Here is an updated patch. As of another issue with messages on stderr when
                > Vim creates a process, this will be fixed in later Racket versions.

                I have now included the patch and will send it out. I can't possibly
                verify this works, other than building and testing on my computer.

                Test 70 fails. I worked around it for now by changing:

                :if l2[2] == l2

                :if l2[2] == "item2"

                Please find out what the proper solution is.

                --
                -rwxr-xr-x 1 root 24 Oct 29 1929 /bin/ed
                -rwxr-xr-t 4 root 131720 Jan 1 1970 /usr/ucb/vi

              • Sergey Khorev
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 30, 2013
                  Test 70 fails.  I worked around it for now by changing:

                          :if l2[2] == l2

                          :if l2[2] == "item2"

                  Please find out what the proper solution is.

                  Thanks Bram. Will check it out.

                • Sergey Khorev
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 31, 2013
                    Bram,

                    Test 70 fails.  I worked around it for now by changing:

                            :if l2[2] == l2

                            :if l2[2] == "item2"

                    This was caused by a part of patch from Eric Dobson. I restricted the scope of this change to Mac only and test 70 has passed on Linux and Windows.
                    Please find the patch attached.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 31, 2013
                      Sergey Khorev wrote:

                      > >> Test 70 fails. I worked around it for now by changing:
                      > >>
                      > >> :if l2[2] == l2

                      > >> :if l2[2] == "item2"
                      > >>

                      > This was caused by a part of patch from Eric Dobson. I restricted the scope
                      > of this change to Mac only and test 70 has passed on Linux and Windows.
                      > Please find the patch attached.

                      Thanks for the fix. I'm glad a test caught the problem.

                      --
                      Mental Floss prevents moral decay!