Issue 94 in vim: Better support is needed for DocBook 5 in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

  • vim@googlecode.com
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 94 by shlomif@...: Better support is needed for DocBook 5
      in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

      What steps will reproduce the problem?
      1. Try opening a DocBook/XML 5 file such as
      https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage/src/d3f1e09a1269d87d84d5941398bfa8c6030820af/lib/docbook/5/xml/human-hacking-field-guide-v2.xml?at=default
      using "vim human*.xml" or "gvim human*.xml".
      2. "set ft?" will indicate it as xml instead of as docbk.
      3. After doing "set ft=docbk" some of the tags won't be highlighted.

      I'm using git from vim-hg on Linux.

      The problem is that DocBook/XML 5 did away with the DOCTYPE and are instead
      using namespaces. The attached file fixes part of the problem, but I've
      delayed working out the difference in tags between DocBook 4 and DocBook 5
      for later on.

      I am going to work on it on this branch:

      https://code.google.com/r/shlomif-changes/source/list?name=shlomif_docbook5_support

      Best regards,

      -- Shlomi Fish

      Attachments:
      docbook-5-hg.diff 473 bytes

    • vim@googlecode.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
        Updates:

        Comment #1 on issue 94 by brammool...@...: Better support is needed
        for DocBook 5 in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

        I'll include the patch to filetype.vim.

      • vim@googlecode.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
          Comment #2 on issue 94 by shlomif@...: Better support is needed for
          DocBook 5 in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

          Here is the second patch, that amends the first one to provide a
          b:docbk_ver variable with some new common tags. There are probably some
          other tags there, but they are less common, and I didn't appear to use them
          in my DocBook/XML 5 documents.

          Attachments:
          vim-docbook-5-2nd-patch.diff 1.8 KB

        • vim@googlecode.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
            Comment #3 on issue 94 by shlomif@...: Better support is needed for
            DocBook 5 in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

            Here is the complete patch that adds support for all the tags. It was
            generated using the Perl/Python/Bash scripts here:

            https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/vim-docbook-5-support

            Regards,

            -- Shlomi Fish

            Attachments:
            docbook.diff 14.1 KB

          • vim@googlecode.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 28, 2012
              Updates:

              Comment #4 on issue 94 by brammool...@...: Better support is needed
              for DocBook 5 in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

              I have included the changes. Will be in the next runtime file update.