Re: Issue 93 in vim: Mr. Campbell, please maintain netrw, zip, Man, and vimball in Vim's Mercurial repository

  • vim@googlecode.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
      Comment #3 on issue 93 by antoine....@...: Mr. Campbell, please
      maintain netrw, zip, Man, and vimball in Vim's Mercurial repository

      I'm not sure. Maybe in part by following what happened before there was a
      public distributed source management system. The code on the Mercurial
      repository is the code that Bram is ready to make public. At the moment,
      that means a "default" branch for the 7.3 code, which is the only branch
      with visible "serious" development, and some other ("dead") branches for
      obsolete versions. I expect that the repository will fork again when there
      will be a 7.4 alpha or 8.0 alpha open for public testing. Following what
      other projects do and how Mercurial what conceived, a 7.3 branch should be
      named at that point, and the default branch should become the new
      bleeding-edge code. But I don't know if Bram will see things that way.

    • vim@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11 12:42 PM
        Updates:

        Comment #4 on issue 93 by drc...@...: Mr. Campbell, please
        maintain netrw, zip, Man, and vimball in Vim's Mercurial repository

        Since I don't have write access to Mercurial's branch, and since I prefer
        my current method, anyway (go to
        http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html to find my "bleeding edge"
        versions of plugins and syntax that I maintain), I think this issue should
        be closed.