Do not export Py3Init_vim()

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2012
      Hi,

      I found that (g)vim.exe with +python3 on Win32 exports a symbol Py3Init_vim,
      but the symbol doesn't need to be exported because only PyImport_AppendInittab()
      uses Py3Init_vim.

      I think that "PyMODINIT_FUNC" can be replaced by "static PyObject *".
      Here is a reference for PyImport_AppendInittab().
      http://docs.python.org/3/c-api/import.html#PyImport_AppendInittab

      Attached patch fixes this problem.

      Best regards,
      Ken Takata

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2012
        Ken Takata wrote:

        > I found that (g)vim.exe with +python3 on Win32 exports a symbol Py3Init_vim,
        > but the symbol doesn't need to be exported because only PyImport_AppendInittab()
        > uses Py3Init_vim.
        >
        > I think that "PyMODINIT_FUNC" can be replaced by "static PyObject *".
        > Here is a reference for PyImport_AppendInittab().
        > http://docs.python.org/3/c-api/import.html#PyImport_AppendInittab
        >
        > Attached patch fixes this problem.

        Thanks, I'll add it to my todo list.

        --
        Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks.