Re: undo broken by setline

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
      On Fr, 16 Nov 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
      > > Hi guys,
      > > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
      > >
      > > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
      > >
      > > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
      > >
      > > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
      > > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
      > > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.
      >

      > It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel

      Bram,
      here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.

      regards,
      Christian

    • cheater cheater
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2012
        On Friday, November 16, 2012 11:00:35 PM UTC+1, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        > On Fr, 16 Nov 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        >
        > > On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
        >
        > > > Hi guys,
        >
        > > > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
        >

        > > > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
        >

        > > > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
        >

        > > > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
        >
        > > > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
        >
        > > > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.
        >

        > > It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel
        >

        > Bram,
        >
        > here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Christian

        Christian, most amazing. You're what's right with free software. Thank you very much.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2012
          Christian Brabandt wrote:

          > On Fr, 16 Nov 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
          > > On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
          > > > Hi guys,
          > > > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
          > > >
          > > > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
          > > >
          > > > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
          > > >
          > > > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
          > > > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
          > > > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.
          > >

          > > It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel
          >
          > Bram,
          > here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.

          You mean it includes a test :-). Thanks!

          30. Even though you died last week, you've managed to retain OPS on your
          favorite IRC channel.