split() and 'ic'

  • Andy Wokula
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
      Looks like split() never ignores case:
      :set ic
      :echo split('abcABC', 'b')
      ['a', 'cABC']

      but this is not mentioned in
      :h split()

      What about adding a line (taken from :h :helpgrep):
      'ignorecase' is not used, add "\c" to ignore case.

      --
      Andy

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
        On Nov 2, 9:45 am, Andy Wokula <anw...@...> wrote:
        > Looks like split() never ignores case:
        >      :set ic
        >      :echo split('abcABC', 'b')
        >      ['a', 'cABC']
        >
        > but this is not mentioned in
        >      :h split()
        >
        > What about adding a line (taken from :h :helpgrep):
        >      'ignorecase' is not used, add "\c" to ignore case.
        >
        > --
        > Andy

        This works:

        echo split('abcABC', '[Bb]')

        ['a', 'cA', 'C']

        Bill

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2012
          Andy Wokula wrote:

          > Looks like split() never ignores case:
          > :set ic
          > :echo split('abcABC', 'b')
          > ['a', 'cABC']
          >
          > but this is not mentioned in
          > :h split()
          >
          > What about adding a line (taken from :h :helpgrep):
          > 'ignorecase' is not used, add "\c" to ignore case.

          I'll add something like that.

          17. You turn on your intercom when leaving the room so you can hear if new
          e-mail arrives.